Black & Decker PHV1800CB review:
This is a small cordless hand vacuum for stairs, cars, cabinet, etc. Good for daily small messes cleaning and quick pick ups. If it is hard for you to carry a full size vacuum cleaner around, then this little vac will be helpful. However, it is only a hand vac, not strong enough to clean your whole house.
Here are the pros and cons of PHV1800CB.
- Tons of suction power for a cordless vacuum.
- Good for small cleaning jobs, you can use it to clean mess on stairs, vehicles, underneath furnitures, inside drawers, etc.
- It is able to clean dust, crumbs, pet hair, debris, cat litter, and other small messes.
- It has an extension nozzle, does a good job in crevices.
- The nozzle rotates and can be set at different angles, helps vacuum from various angle and reach limited spaces.
- Battery life is fine.
- Dust bin is easy to dump when it is full.
- It’s loud.
- It’s a bit heavy for a handheld.
- It is a mess to empty and clean the filters.
- Washing the filters may be a hassle.
- A few customers complained that it lasted less than 1 year.
- The nose is a little narrow. Thus, more passes will be required to clean a given place.
- For a hand vac, it is a bit bulky.
- When you place the vacuum back into the charger, stuff just falls out because there is a hole from the end of the nose to the chamber. You have to empty it to avoid this problem.
- You have to clean the filter often or it can lower the suction or even cause loss of suction.
- Sometimes, there are debris and hair that don’t fall out when you dump it out, you have to pull them a bit and tap them out.
|Surface Type:||stairs, underneath furniture, cars|
|Power Source:||Battery Powered|
|Air Watts:||35 Watts|
|Bin Capacity:||11.83 ounce|
|Filters:||Dishwasher safe replacement filter PVF100. Should be cleaned regularly and should be replaced every six to nine months.|
|Three Stage Filtration:||prevents dust from escaping into the air, so you get cleaner air exhaust|
|Accu-Reach nozzle:||It can extend to get into tight areas.|
|10-position Pivoting Nozzle:||The nozzle pivots and can be stopped at various positions, this is helpful for cleaning hard to reach spaces.|
|Cyclonic action:||It helps keep the filter clean so the suction power lasts longer.|
|Tools:||Crevice tool, upholstery brush|
|2-Speed On/Off Switch::||High setting for maximum pickup, low setting for extended run time.|
|Wall Mountable Charging Base:||Can be wall mounted, but it can also fold in half and sit on the charger on a counter or other horizontal surface.|
|Folds in Half:||This feature is good for compact charging and storing.|
|One Step Empty:||The easy to empty system makes the clean up mess-free, you don’t have to touch the dirt.|
|Dimensions:||17-4/5 x 6-4/5 x 7-2/7 inches|
|Warranty:||2 Year Warranty|
|Energy star approved:||This vac meets the guidelines of the EPA and U.S. Department of Energy, it is environment friendly.|
|Black & Decker PHV1800CB Manual:||Instruction Manual|