Dyson DC23 TurbineHead comes with lifetime HEPA filter to capture most microscopic allergens, it is certified asthma allergy friendly according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. It works on bare floors and short pile carpet, but does not work well on plushy and full carpeted floors, since its Turbinehead brush bar is air driven, it does not spin as powerfully as a motorized beater bar does. You can read the Dyson DC23 TurbineHead review below.
Cons of Dyson DC23 TurbineHead Canister Vac:
- No height adjustments for carpets.
- Longevity is questionable. You will be skeptical about the hose, the clip, and some plastic parts. For the price, Dyson should improve the level of the quality.
- Storage is awkward. The hose doesn’t wrap around the base well, you probably have to put it away with the wand and head, this makes storage a little awkward.
- The Turbinehead does not stand upright on its own.
- The red On/Off button is located on the body of the unit, next to the gray power cord rewinding button. While pressing with your foot, you should be careful, do not push the wrong button.
- The brush On/Off switch is located on the head, not on the handle, so you have to bend over to turn it on or off.
- Not for carpets. Though they claimed that this unit could be used on medium carpet, but it only works on short pile carpets and area rugs, it cannot handle things with long threads.
- Awkward to maneuver. The hose does not attaches to the center of the unit, but attaches to the left. Thus, when you try to drag it, it goes sideways, and you find it hard to pull.
- This vacuum is not designed to be carried when you are vacuuming. If you lift it, it may leak air from the seal between the bin and hose.
- It’s a bit pricey.
Rating by Users:
Click to Read Reviews from Users
Pros of Dyson DC23 TurbineHead Canister Vac:
- Works for hard floors and low pile carpets/rugs.
- The power cord rewinding system does work, you don’t have to wrap the cord manually. It is effortless and saves you time.
- Easy to remove bin and dump the contents, you only have to press two buttons. Of course, to remove all the dirt, you have to shake or tap to remove them.
- Lifetime washable HEPA filter is easy to clean, no bags to buy. Filter should be rinsed with cold water(NO detergent) at least every 3 months.
- Picks up dust, dog & cat hair, kitty litter, etc.
- Simple to turn On/Off with your foot.
- Telescoping wand is easy to adjust to reach different areas.
|Surface Type:||Carpets, hard floors, stairs.|
|Surface Height Settings:||No|
|Brush On/Off Switch:||Yes|
|Price:||Dyson DC23 TurbineHead Price is $399.99 at dyson.com (July 15, 2011)|
|Cord Length:||21.6 Feet|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Suction Power:||220 Air Watts (what is air watt)|
|Bin:||0.44 gallons clear bin|
|Filter:||Lifetime Washable HEPA filter captures microscopic dust and allergens.|
|Tools:||Stair tool helps clean hard to reach spaces, stairs, and stair carpets; brush tool for delicate cleaning; crevice tool for cleaning tight spots and baseboard.|
|Turbinehead Brush Bar:||It is air driven, can be used to vacuum low and medium pile rugs/carpets, and can be turned off while vacuuming hard floors.|
|Level 3 Root Cyclone Technology:||For capturing microscopic dust.|
|Dimensions:||13.9 x 19.3 x 11.9 inches|
|Warranty:||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Dyson DC23 TurbineHead Manual:||Download User’s Guide|