Before ordering Dyson DC31 Animal handheld vacuum cleaner, you should read the product description & specifications, and know what you are buying into. This vacuum is for spot cleaning and quick cleanups, max operation time is only 10 minutes, and recharging takes 3.5 hours. Do not expect it to take the place of a regular vacuum. Also, if you are looking for a battery powered vacuum cleaner that is able to run longer than 10 minutes, you’d better find another one. Or there is another option for you – get a Dyson DC31 battery replacement.
If you want to learn more, you can read Dyson DC31 Animal review below.
Cons of Dyson DC31 Animal Hand Vac:
- You have to press the button all the time you are vacuuming.
- Some customers complained that a single charge took 3.5 hours, but battery life was just 10 mintues. In fact, Dyson stated that clearly in their product features and specifications. And if you have used other cordless hand vac, you should know that 10 minutes of run time is not short, and the charging time of 3.5 hours is not long, some battery operated vacuum cleaners even takes about 20 hours per charge. That being said, if it has a pass through mode that you can use a power cord to get the power instead of using the battery power while charging, and you can use it as a corded handheld vac, it would be great. But now, the only option is buying an extra Dyson DC31 battery.
- Since the hand vac is small and battery life is just 10 minutes while run in high speed, you have to vacuum fast to get the job done before the battery runs out. If you want to use it to clean up a long set of stairs or some furniture, it seems that 10 minutes is not adequate.
- Some users said that its suction is not as good as advertised.
- It is pricey.
Rating by Users:
Click to Read Dyson DC31 Animal Reviews from Users
Pros of Dyson DC31 Animal Hand Vac:
- The motorized brush bar does a good job picking up animal hair, dirt, lint, crumbs, cat litter, and other stuff from fabric furniture, carpeted stairs, etc.
- Hygienic and easy to empty the dirt cup, you just hold this hand vac over a trash bin, then push the red release button, and the dirt will falls out. No contact with the messy stuff.
- Battery is removable, can be charged separately.
- Has dual power mode: 10 minutes in low speed mode or 6 minutes in high speed mode.
- Suction power is good: 38 air watts in low speed mode, 65 air watts in high speed mode.
- The suction does not run down until battery dies.
- Easy to put on and remove the tools.
- Its light, weighs 3.38 lbs.
- It is quiet.
|Use:||Quick clean ups, upholstery, carpeted stairs, spot cleaning.|
|Price:||Dyson DC31 Animal Price is $269.99 at dyson.com (July 14, 2011)|
|Power Source:||Cordless, Battery Powered|
|Battery:||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery.|
|Suction Power:||10 minutes of 38 air watts in standard mode, 6 minutes of 65 air watts in max mode. (what is air watt)|
|Bin:||0.09 gallons clear bin|
|Tools:||Combination accessory tool – debris nozzle which converts to a brush tool for cleaning dirt; crevice tool for cleaning tight areas like in-between furniture.|
|Dual Power Mode:||in standard mode, vacuum has less suction power and longer run time; in max mode, vacuum has more powerful suction and shorter opertation time.|
|Motorized brush bar:||An extra motor in the head that spins the bristles, helps picking up dirt and pet hair from carpets.|
|Dimensions:||12.7 x 4.5 x 8.0 inches (HxDxW)|
|Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
|Dyson DC31 Animal Manual:||Download User’s Guide|