Dyson DC17 Animal weighs 20.79 pounds, its demensions are 43.5″ x 13.2″ x 16.7″ (H x W x D).
It has 12 amps motor, offers 220 air watts suction. This unit features Dyson’s Level 3 Root Cyclone technology for capturing small particles and providing constant suction.
Dyson DC17 Animal is designed for removing pet hair from all types of floors. When you want to pick up hair and dirt from carpeted flooring, you can turn on its motorized beater bar, this beater bar can also be turned off while vacuuming bare floors and delicate floors. And it comes with some tools for cleaning hard to reach spaces. For cleaning high reach area, you can use the quick-draw telescope wand; for cleaning tight spaces such as stairs, upholstery and inside the car, you can use the Mini turbine head which has an air driven brush bar to picks up dust, dirt and pet hair; for cleaning under furniture such as under couch and beds, you can use the low reach floor tool.
This unit is certified asthma friendly, it comes with lifetime washable HEPA filter which can trap microscopic allergens. Its hygienic bin emptying also reduces the contact with dirt.
This vac carries a 5 year warranty.
You can download the Dyson DC17 Animal Manual to have an overview of this vac.
Dyson DC17 Animal Review:
Dislike about Dyson DC17 Animal Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaner:
- Regular maintenance required, or it can get clogged. When it get clogged, it will lose suction. The holes around the cylinder is small, it tends to get clogged with fine dust and pet hair, so you need to clean it on a regular basis to make it perform well.
- The lifetime HEPA filter is thick, it usually takes about 24 hours to dry. Fortunately, you do not have to wash it often. They suggest you to wash it at least once every 6 months.
- Not all the accessories can be stored onboard. Only 3 small ones can attach to the vacuum, the others cannot. This is inconvenient when you want to use those ones that cannot attach to the unit during your vacuuming.
- Winding the 35 foot cord manually can be a nuisance, it would be better if it comes with a automatic cord retractor.
- Some customers said that the bristles of the beater bar are too stiff, they can rip carpet fibers.
- Though it is easy to empty the dust bin, emptying it still can cause the dust to fly around in the air.
- Does not clean edges well.
- Some customers complained that this vac scratched their hard wood floors.
- The hose and quick draw telescope wand is a bit awkward to use, not easy to vacuum the stairs.
Rating by Users:
Click to Read DC17 Animal Reviews from Users
Likes about Dyson DC17 Animal Cyclone Upright Vacuum:
- Great suction.
- Long power cord – 35 feet. Most corded vacuum cleaners have cord length from 20 to 30 feet.
- Easy to empty, merely push the red button, then the bottom of the bin will flop down and the contents fall out.
- Quiet for a vac, quieter than many other vacuum cleaners.
- The build quality is good, though it is mostly plastic, but not those cheap plastic.
- It has automatic carpet height adjustment, you don’t have to manually adjust it.
- Easy to move around.
- 5 year warranty.