Eureka Optima Lightweight Upright Vacuum 437AZ is a good small upright bagless vacuum with powerful suction, pretty lightweight, ideal for cleaning apartments and small spaces. If you want to use it as a regular vacuum, then you will have to empty the dirt container quite often and keep changing the outlets while vacuuming large house. You can read Eureka 437AZ reviews below.
Cons of Eureka 437AZ Optima Lightweight Upright Vacuum:
- Plastic rear wheels feel flimsy, the quality could be better.
- It is messy to clean the filter, but not that hard. Dust, dirt, pet hair and other dirty things trapped there, you’d better clean it outside.
- To keep the vacuum running at its peak performance, it is suggested to clean the filter after each use, or it can get clogged or be overheating, then it may stop working.
- It is too small to do a large house. And the cleaning width is narrow.
- Dust cup is not big, fills up fast, requires frequent emptying, especially if you have pets.
- Power cord is short, you may need an exension cord.
- The power cord does not retract automatically.
- The hose do not stretch out well.
- The exhaust is located at the front of the vacuum cleaner. It can blow stuff away when you tend to pick them up. To avoid this, you can angle the vacuum back a bit so that it won’t blow dust and dirt around. Or DIY something to make the exhaust upward.
Rating by Users:
Click to Read Eureka 437AZ Reviews from Users
Pros of Eureka 437AZ Optima Lightweight Upright Vacuum:
- It is lightweight, 11.8 pounds, easy to carry around.
- Retractable handle is user friendly and makes it convenient to store.
- The HEPA filter does help clean the exhaust air and improve indoor air quality.
- It has excellent suction power, in both floor and hose modes.
- Easy switching between hose suction and floor suction.
- Cleans well on various surfaces, such as carpeted surfaces, hardwood, and tile floors.
- This unit is compact, easy for storage.
- Reasonable price.
- Picks up pet hair great.
- Switching between carpet and hard floors is simple, just turning the knob.
- The Power Paw attachment is good for cleaning furniture, rugs, carpets, hard to reach areas. Picks up animal hair well.
|Surface Type:||Bare floors, Carpet, Rugs, Upholstery, Stairs.|
|Price:||Eureka 437AZ Price is $89.99 at Eureka.com (July 1, 2011)|
|Cord Length:||20 Feet|
|Power Rating:||12 amps|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||No|
|Tools:||Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush|
|Cleaning Path Width:||11 inches|
|On/Off Brushroll||Yes, brush on for carpet/rugs, off for hard floors|
|Filter:||HEPA filter traps over 99% dust and allergens.|
|Power Paw with Riser Visor||Helps clean stair risers and upholstery.|
|Suction Control Switch||Directs the suction only to the floor or the hose.|
|Dimensions:||13 x 15 x 44.5 inches (W*L*H)|
|Warranty:||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|Eureka 437AZ Manual:||Owner’s Guide and Quick Start Guide|