This Miele S2121 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner is powered by suction and has no motorized rotating brush, so it is not ideal for home with wall to wall carpets. But if you need one for hard surface floors, you can consider it. This canister vac has adjustable suction control and a few tools for dealing with various cleaning tasks. If you want to buy one, you can read the Miele S2121 Olympus review below before purchasing, and you can learn more detail by downloading the manual at the end of this review.
Pros of Miele S2121 Olympus:
- It is so quiet compared with most vacuum cleaners. It won’t scare your kids, dogs, and cats.
- It’s lightweight, roughly 9 lbs.
- Easy to drag around, it has rubber wheels, and the swivel wheel rolls and follows you around pretty well.
- It features the auto cord rewind fuction, saves you time and effort.
- Good suction power.
- Great performance on hard floors like wood floors, linoleum, and tile floors.
- It is a vacuum cleaner with variable suction, has 6 adjustable suction setting to deal with different cleaning jobs.
- Has a telescopic wand to provides long reach to vacuum challenging areas, and it is easy to adjust, and collapse for storage.
- Tools can store on the unit.
- Low profile floor tool can get under furniture such as couches.
- You can park the wand upright onto the cannister, this is convenient when you need to pause during cleaning.
- Upholstery tool does a good job on the couch.
- Easy to change dustbag and filter.
- You can upgrade the standard filter to HEPA filter.
Cons of Miele S2121 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner:
- Some users say that it does a bad job of vacuuming pet hair from carpets.
- Replacement bag is expensive.
- Hose is on the short side.
- The cord has a standard length, but could be longer.
- Some people might feel it is a bit heavy to hold the stainless steel wand while cleaning high places.
- It would be better if the On/Off button and suction control are located on the handle, that would make it more convenient to control.
- It doesn’t comes with a power head.
In summary, this Miele S2121 Olympus Canister Vacuum is not carpet friendly, but it does what it was designed to do. If you need a quiet and light canister vacuum for bare floors, then you can give it a go. If you have primarily carpets, then keep on searching.
|Suction Control:||Yes, 6 level|
|Brush On/Off Switch:||No Brush Roller|
|Price:||Vacuum under $300, priced at $299 at http://mielestore.com (on 01.27.2013)|
|Cord Length:||21 Feet|
|Automatic Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Bagged or Bagless:||Bagged, use Type G/N AirClean Bag|
|Full Bag Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter:||Use Air Clean Filter|
|Onboard Tools:||Natural bristle dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle|
|Motor Wattage:||1,200 watt|
|Cleaning Radius:||29.5 Foot|
|Dimensions:||8.5″ x 11.25″ x 18″ (HxWxL)|
|Weight:||About 9 Pounds|
|Warranty:||7 Year Motor Warranty & 7 Year Casing Warranty|
|Other details:||Auto-Seal Closing FilterBag, Telescopic, Stainless Steel Wand, XXL Handle|
|Miele S2121 Olympus Manual:||Download, if the link is not working, you can visit http://www.mieleusa.com to download it.|