This Miele S7210 upright bagged vacuum is built for hard floors, carpets, as well as area rugs. It also has the ability of picking up pet hair and works well. For detail info, read review of Miele Twist S7210 below.
Pros of Miele S7210:
- Plenty of suction.
- Power cord is pretty long – 39 feet. You can vacuum a large area without changing outlets.
- Noise level is low, for a vacuum, you can say it is quiet.
- Well built and high quality.
- Low profile, lays flat for getting under table and chair.
- Bag is easy to change.
- Filter is rinsable and also easy to change.
- Twist feature is great, makes it very maneuverable.
- It has a 2-motor system, one motor for rotating brush, one for suction. You can use only suction by turning off the rotating brush.
- Though it is on the heavy side, its carry handle locates in the middle on the back, makes it convenient to carry.
- Easy to push.
- Attachments stored onboard.
- On/Off button and carpet/bare floor control are easy to reach.
- It has an indicator to tell when to change bag.
- It can use both standard filter and HEPA filter. (HEPA filter not included, you have to pay extra money to buy.)
Cons of Miele S7210:
- It just picks up stuff underneath, no side suction to clean baseboards.
- The hose is a bit short.
- It is hard to use it on stairs since it is heavy and because of its twist feature.
- When you unwind the cord, it falls from the holder easily. If you don’t need to use the whole cord, it still keeps falling. You will find it hard to unwind only part of the power cord. So every time you use it, you end up winding the whole cord which is 39 feet long. And it does not have the automatic cord recoil system.
- Replacement bag is relatively expensive as compare with other brand vac bags.
- It can lay flat, but still cannot get under some low furniture.
- Heavy & bulky like some other full size upright vacuum cleaners. Not convenient to carry it up and down stairs.
This product is heavy, but it’s well built. It is not a good option for cleaning stairs, but if you need an upright vacuum for bare floors and carpets, just give it a shot. If you are not sure if it meets your needs? Just visit a local store to try it out. For $400+, it is worth spending some time on researching before ordering to avoid disappointment.
|Suction Control:||Yes, 4 level|
|Brush On/Off Switch:||Yes|
|Carpet Height Setting:||Automatic Adjustment|
|Price:||Vacuum under $500.00, priced at $429.00 at http://mielestore.com (on 01.28.2013)|
|Cord Length:||39 Feet|
|Automatic Cord Rewind:||No|
|Bagged or Bagless:||Bagged, use Type U AirClean dustbag|
|Full Bag Indicator:||Yes|
|Filtration:||Comprised of an Auto-Seal closing FilterBag and Air Clean filter|
|Onboard Tools:||upholstery tool, dusting brush, crevice nozzle|
|Motor Wattage:||1,200 watt|
|Weight:||about 21 pounds|
|Warranty:||7 Year Motor Warranty & 7 Year Casing Warranty|
|Other details:||SwivelNeck Technology, 12-foot integrated flexible hose, telescopic aluminum wand, Anti-tipping device, 2-motor system, with separate control for electrobrush, 4,800 RPM electrobrush motor, 360°front castor wheels|
|Miele S7210 Twist Manual:||Download, if the link is not working, you can visit http://www.mieleusa.com to download it.|