For those who are looking for the best Shark vacuum to purchase, the following info might be helpful to you. We will discuss a few top selling Shark vacuum cleaners on the market below. Hope this helps.
Before we go any further, I’d like to tell you every vacuum cleaner has its pros and cons, every vacuum receives compliment and bad reviews. Trust me, there’s no perfect items.
Just buy those ones with higher average rating, and you have a higher chance to get a good machine.
Why so many bad reviews on the top selling vacuums that are recommended by lots of users? Isn’t it odd? No. Commonly, only those very happy or angry users (some of them might get a lemon) are inclined to leave reviews. That’s the main reason you see conflicting reviews on a product.
Now,let’s go back to our topic.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away NV752 – one of the best suction Shark Vacuums to buy
- If you are looking for a versatile Shark vacuum for low and deep carpet, vinyl plank, laminate, hardwood, ceramic tile, slate floor, stairs, pet hair, dust, etc., the Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away which usually priced under 300 dollars deserves a closer look. It generates great suction to deal with different cleaning jobs.
- But if you need one for throw rugs, this one would not be a good option due to its powerful suction and the lack of a suction release collar.
- This vac is also on the small side, good for apartments, but not a good choice for a large house,unless you want to dump the bin frequently.
Main product features and specs:
It is equipped with the powered lift away function which allows you to detach the pod and use the powered nozzle with the wand to clean around, especially clean underneath furniture, because it can lay almost flat with the low profile cleaner head to go under beds,chairs,coffee table,couches,kitchen cabinets,etc.
The lift away feature is also useful when using attachments to clean stairs and hard to reach areas.
With the optional caddy(commonly need to buy separately), you can also transform the Rotator into a canister vac which allows you to roll it along while keeping cleaning tools close by.
If you get the package with the mini motorized attachment, it works well for upholstered furniture, carpeted stairs, or other small areas where the floor nozzle is too bulky to use on.
Users who are pet owners have reported that this vac does a good job picking up English Lab,Dogo Argentino,German Shepherd,Husky,Golden Retriever,and other dog hair from carpet and bare floors. As well as human hair, cat hair, cat litter, dust and dirt.
However, it picks up pet hair from carpet and floor well does not mean that hair does not get wrapped around the roller, you still need to access the brushroll to remove string, carpet fibers or long hair that wrapped around.
- Fingertip Controls
This Shark vacuum model has the power button and surface selector located on the handle, this allows you to turn on/off or switch between carpet and bare floor settings with no bending over needed.
This one has 3 surface settings:
THICK CARPET/AREA RUG setting for high pile and plush thick carpets, specialty carpets, area rugs. This setting generates low suction with rotating motorized brush roll.
CARPET/LOW PILE setting for low pile and normal carpet types. This setting generates high suction with rotating motorized brush roll.
HARD FLOOR setting for hard floors and accessories. This setting generates high suction with brush roll off.
- LED Lights
It has led lights on the handle as well as on the nozzle. The lights help you see the dog hair, human hair, dust, and dirt that rest on the floor, under the furniture, and those dark spots, assuring nothing will be missed while cleaning.
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal System with HEPA filtration
This vac also features Anti Allergen Complete Seal System with HEPA filtration to capture 99.9 percent dust and allergens inside the vacuum, and emit clean air. If you are looking for the best Shark vacuum for allergies or with HEPA filter, this one should be on your list.
Now, there are some cons you may want to know before buying:
- The longevity of the nozzle might be the main potential problem. Some users reported that the brushroll stop rotating after about a year and a half, even a few months, some complained the interior hose in the nozzle broke . And the warranty does not cover those parts. The replacement nozzle cost approximately 120 dollars.
- The dust cup is small, requires emptying constantly.
- No suction control adjuster.
Shark Navigator DLX vacuum – an inexpensive upright with large bin
If you are on a budget and looking for an inexpensive Shark upright, or tired of vacuum with small bin that needs to be emptied often, you can consider the Shark Navigator DLX Upright Vacuum.
This vacuum usually priced under 150 dollars, and it has a big dust cup, holds up to 2.9 dry quarts, for handling large house cleaning. If you want to try a Shark vacuum with self cleaning brushroll, have a look at the Shark Navigator Pet Pro Upright Vacuum with Zero-M Self-Cleaning Brushroll ZU62, it is also equipped with a big dust chamber, but is a bit more expensive.
The Shark Navigator DLX Upright Vacuum has good suction, suction release on the hose, works good for porcelain tiles, wood floors and rugs, bin is large and easy to empty, filters are easy to reach and clean.
- The biggest problem: some users complained that the hose that connects to the base keeps getting loose, does not stay securely, and pops off constantly. You probably have to wrap duct tape around it to secure it.
- A bit bulky.
- Wand is short.
Shark Rocket DeluxePro – light weight stick vacuum for elderly,apartment,quick cleaning
This stick vacuum converts to handheld easily. It is light weight – weighs less than 9 pounds. Designed mainly for small space, furniture, hard floors, stairs. It is good for quick pick up, but will not replace your full size vacuum for deep cleaning.
- It has a 30-foot power cord that allows you to vacuum around without switching outlets.
- It has lights on the nozzle help you see dirt and particles on floor and lights on the handle are helpful when vacuuming nooks and crannies.
- You can use it to clean stairs; you can remove the wand and use it with attachments to clean furniture; you can detach the floor nozzle, then use the handheld portion with the wand and attachments to clean high and low spots.
- Like most stick vacuum cleaners, it does not self stand. (There is a similar Shark stick vacuum that stands on its own. )
- Like most stick vac, its bin is small compared to a regular size.
If you prefer a battery Shark vacuum, you can have a look at the:
Shark ION F80 IF281 – a Cordless Stick Vacuum that bends, with 2 batteries
- It features the MultiFLEX technology that allows you to bend the wand to clean under furniture, and this feature also makes the vacuum able to stand by itself for compact storage.
- It comes with 2 rechargeable and swappable lithium battery packs (ION Power Packs), allow it to run up to 80 minutes.
- This Shark battery stick vacuum cleaner can also convert to a hand vac for above floor cleaning and auto detailing, since it has no cord, you can carry it to clean anywhere you want.
- Small dust cup.
- Pricey. Usually over 300 dollars.
- Boost setting drains battery fast.
If you have allergies, and want to buy a cordless vacuum with HEPA filter, you can consider:
Shark ION P50 IC162 – cordless vacuum with HEPA filter,hose,attachments,handheld mode
- This is a versatile vacuum with no cord.
- It has upright,stick and handheld modes to handle different cleaning jobs, from carpet cleaning to car detailing.
- And it features Shark’s Anti Allergen Complete Seal system with HEPA filter to capture allergens and eject clean air.
- It has fingertip control, headlights, stands up by its own, and allows you to swap batteries if you buy an extra battery.
- Heavy compared to other cord free vacuum cleaners.
- No on board accessory storage.