This Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner DC35 Digital Slim Multi Floor is good for quick home pick ups, car cleaning, and other small cleaning jobs. It of course cannot replace your regular vacuum. This vacuum works on multi floors, it comes with a rechargable lithium-ion battery which offers a max of 15 minutes run time; it has a long wand to help clean high and low areas; and it also has a motorized floor tool to pick up dirt from bare floors and carpets. Below are the Dyson DC35 Multi Floor review and specifications.
Cons of Dyson DC35 Multi Floor:
- Expensive, for the money you can buy a somewhat good upright vacuum.
- A little heavy as a hand held vacuum, can be hard on your wrist.
- Many customers complained about the "trigger" on/off switch. You have to push the button continually while vacuuming, this can cause soreness in your hand and wrist.
- About the battery. A max run time of 15 minutes is OK, but you have to charge it for more than 3 hours before using. You’d better get an extra battery if you need to use it to vacuum more than 15 minutes. (The Dyson DC35 battery costs $70+). Or you can go and get a corded one.
- With the wand and motorized head, it can’t stand upright by itself, you have to place it flat when you want to take a break during your vacuuming.
- Suction power decreases when you use the wand and motorized head.
- You cannot use it while charging.
- It does not work well on high pile rugs and carpets.
- Small bin capacity, has to be emptied quite often.
- The wand gets scratched easily.
Rating by Users:
Click to Read Reviews from Users
Pros of Dyson DC35 Multi Floor:
- Bin is easy to empty, just press the red button to empty.
- Flexible. You can use the vacuum with the detachable aluminium wand or without it, you can use it to vacuum hard floors, rugs/carpet, stairs, ceiling fans, upholstery, ceiling fans, etc.
- Motorized floor tool with carbon fiber brushes works well on hard floors, low pile rugs and carpets.
- It has good suction, pretty powerful for a battery powered vacuum.
- It is cordless, you can use it to clean your car.
- Build quality is good.
- The long aluminium wand does help reach high areas and tight spaces.
- Can gets under furniture.
|Surface Type:||All Floors, Stairs, Upholstery, Car.|
|Brush On/Off Switch:||Yes|
|Price:||Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Price is $299.99 at dyson.com (July 12, 2011)|
|Power Source:||Cordless, Battery Powered|
|Battery Type:||Rechargeable, fade-free lithium-ion battery.|
|Suction Power:||28 air watts in standard mode, 65 air watts in max mode. (what is air watt)|
|Bin:||0.09 gallons clear bin|
|Filter:||Standard filter, needs to be washed at least each month.|
|Tools:||Combination accessory tool with debris nozzle which converts to a brush tool for dusting, crevice tool for cleaning tight areas like in-between furniture.|
|Cleaning Path Width:||8.5 inches|
|Dual Power Mode:||15 minutes of suction in standard mode, 13 minutes when using motorized floor tool, 6 minutes in max mode.|
|Detachable Long-reach Aluminium Wand:||Reaches high & low areas, and gets into gaps.|
|Dimensions:||44.1 x 9.1 x 11.8 inches|
|Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
|Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Manual:||Download User’s Guide|