- one allow you to turn off the rotating brushroll,
- one have a non stop spinning roller.
- they cannot decide when to use the beater bar themselves,
- the spinning roller increases the noise level when it is not needed,
- sometimes it may kick debris everywhere on hard surfaces,
- and the worse thing is that it may cause damage to the floor if the bristles are too stiff and the height of the bar is not at a suitable position.
Below are some of the best selling vacs that you can turn off the brush:
|1||Miele Compact C2 Electro+||Canister,Bagged||Check Price at Amazon|
|2||Hoover Linx BH50010||Cordless Stick||Check Price at Amazon|
|3||Shark NV70||Upright,Bagless||Check Price at Amazon|
Read more about the one you like:1. Miele Compact C2 Electro+ – a canister vacuum with on off brush roller, roller height adjustment,and suction control for most flooring. Bagged and HEPA filtration for allergy sufferers.
2. Hoover Linx BH50010 – a cordless stick vacuum cleaner with rotary brush shutoff for daily quick cleaning on hard floors and low pile area rugs and carpet
3. Shark NV70 – an upright vac with beater bar on off switch and suction release valve
This Miele canister bagged vacuum cleaner comes with 2 nozzles:
A motor driven head which is mainly designed for cleaning carpet, it has 5 level height settings to fits different piles of carpet and rugs, however, the brush roller can also be turned off to vacuum hard floors.
A pure suction nozzle for cleaning hard floors only.
- AirClean Sealed System + HEPA Filter traps over 99.9 percent of dust, dirt and allergens, good for allergy sufferers.
- Adjustable suction power control with 6 settings for suiting different surfaces.
- Retractable power cord save you time on cord winding. Includes a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice tool that can be stored on hose for convenient reach.
- Weighs 18.7 lbs, dimensions are 16.7 x 9.6 x 9.1 inches.
- Made in Germany. Build quality is good.
- Strong suction power,clean both hard floor and carpet well.
- Noise level is petty good, quiet for a vacuum.
- Filtration system is great, exhaust air smells fresh. For anyone with allergies or breathing issues, this is a good choice.
- Easy to change bags.
- Automatic Cord Rewind works well and save you time and effort.
- Compact size and does not take up large space to store.
- Light to carry up and down stairs.
- Price is always the major factor that stops people from buying a Miele vac. But you get what you pay for.
- Wheels on the base is small and the canister is light, so it may tip over if you pull it the wrong way on carpeted surfaces.
- Exhaust blows out from the top of the canister and into user’s face if get too close occasionally.
- Chunky nozzle does not go under all furniture.
- Handle grip is bulky for some women.
the pros outweigh the cons. If you need a compact bagged canister vacuum cleaner with brush roller shutoff nozzle, and have a mixture of carpet and hard floors to clean in your house, this one is a good pick.
This Hoover stick vacuum is cordless, powered by Lithium-Ion battery. It also features motorized roller with on off control.
- Weighs under 10 pounds, light enough to carry around for quick cleaning.
- Edge cleaning bristles for cleaning along walls and edges.
- Battery Fuel Gauge for monitoring battery life.
- Convenient fingertip power on off switch, you don’t have to hold down the switch continuously.
- Features Hoover WindTunnel technology and cyclonic filtration.
- Bottom Release Dirt Cup for easy emptying without getting your hands dirty.
- Carries 2 year limited warranty.
- Easy to assemble.
- Battery runs about 15-20 minutes, long enough for quick pick up.
- Replaceable battery system, battery is easy to remove and insert.
- Convenient battery gauge lets you know how much battery remain.
- Charging is fast, takes less than 3 hours.
- Has good suction for its size.
- Works well on wood,tile,other hard floors, short pile mats, rugs and carpet.
- Picks up dirt, dust, sand, crumbs, popcorn, paper scraps, dry cat and dog food, and pet hair.
- Cordless and light enough to carry to vacuum around hassle-free, you don’t need to be strong, you don’t need to keep changing outlets, and no cord to get in your way.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Easy to switch between carpet and hard floors with the control on the handle.
- Brush roller is not easily removable for clean up.
- Frequent maintenance is required.
- No attachments included.
- Does not fit far under some furniture.
for anyone who has difficulty with a heavy upright or canister vacuum, you will love this one, it is also ideal for quick daily pickup, dining room and kitchen quick cleaning, and using in between regular vacuuming.
This Shark upright vacuum cleaner has the option to shut off the brush for hard floor cleaning. It also has a suction release valve on the hose to allow you to reduce suction power for easier cleaning when needed, for example, vacuuming curtains, area rug without lifting it up, vacuuming carpet without the need of pushing and pulling the vacuum cleaner hard.
- HEPA filtration to help trap more tiny dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Swivel Steering for easy getting around furniture.
- 2.9 quart dust cup capacity.
- Weighs 15.2 lbs.
- 10 amps,1200w,120v,60hz
- Suction is good.
- Does a good job on picking up pet hair and cat litter from vinyl floors and other hard floors, and a variety of carpets without spitting out dirt.
- Easy to switch between hard floors and carpets.
- Suction release valve helps clean rugs without lifting them up.
- Light as an upright vac, weighs about 15 lbs.
- Swivel steering works great, easy to maneuver.
- Hose is long enough to reach a nice distance.
- Comes with a crevice tool, dusting brush,and wide head tool.
- Dust cup is large, easy to empty, without using hands to pull and grab dirt and hair out.
- Easy to clean filter.
- No place to store the wide head tool onboard.
- Edge cleaning ability is limited.
- Lack of a extension wand to help clean high and low areas like ceiling and edges.
- The hose attached to a spot near the top of the vacuum, but not the base. This increase the possibility of tipping the vacuum over while pulling the hose.
if you are looking for a lightweight upright vac with brush roller shutoff, this one fits your needs.
What is a Beater Bar?
Well, I don’t think we have to get it too complicated. It’s something like a short metal or plastic bar which placed in the vacuum nozzle. Generally speaking, it has bristles which can be made of nylon, rubber or some other materials. When turned on, the beater bar will vibrate and revolve, then agitating carpet, pull out embedded dirt, fluff carpet, or scrubbing hard surfaces.
Some vacuum models have beater bar on off switch whereas some others do not have, instead, the roller keeps rotating when the vacuum machine is on.
Some models have an adjuster that allows users to manually adjust the height of the bar to suit different surface types, while some others feature automatic adjustment.
Is vacuum brush for carpet or floor? And when to use?
Most of the time, the revolving brush is used for carpet and rug cleaning. However, some manufacturers also produce some models that equipped with soft rubber bristles or blades to help clean certain kinds of hard floors.
Do canister vacuums or stick vacuums have beater bars?
Yes, but there are few. And the price is commonly higher than those without a motorized brush roller.