The difference between the Shark WV200UK(Single Battery) and WV251UK(Twin Battery) Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaners are the Charging Dock design and Battery design.
- The charging dock designs are different.
The Shark WV200UK charging dock has two slots for the included Duster Crevice Tool and Multi-Surface Pet Tool.
Whereas the WV251UK charging base has only one slot for one of the tools, because the second battery also stores on the charging dock, and this takes up the space that is used on the WV200UK to hold the second accessory.
So, there is no place to store both tools on the charging dock of WV251UK.
(Both of them come with two accessories.)
- Battery designs are also different.
The WV251UK battery has release tabs on the battery
cap for easy swapping.
Whereas the WV200UK battery does not have the release tabs, you will need to use coins as suggested in the battery removal and installation instructions to help remove the battery.
So, the battery design on the WV200UK (single battery version) is not something that you can buy a second battery and use it like the WV251UK (twin battery version).
But if you still want to do that, yes, it can be done, just requires a bit more work.
The Shark WANDVAC Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum WV201 and Shark WANDVAC POWER PET Cordless Handheld Vacuum WV401 are similar, however, there are some differences between them:
- The WV201 has one power mode whereas the WV401 has 3 modes. Besides the Deep Clean mode, the WV401 adds a Boost mode for tackling tough cleaning jobs with extra suction power, and an ECO mode for noise reduction.
- The WV201 uses a 10.8V lithium ion battery pack whereas the WV401 uses a 14.4V lithium ion battery pack.
- The battery on the WV401 is detachable, with no tools required, whereas the WV201 battery requires you to use tool to unscrew the screws to remove it.
- When fully charged, the WV201 runs roughly 9 minutes and 30 seconds with continuous use whereas the WV401 runs up to 35 minutes in ECO mode.
- For WV201, a full charge takes approximately 2.5 hours, while the WV401 takes approximately 3.5 hours to charge battery completely.
- Both of them come with a Duster Crevice Tool, besides this tool, the WV201 comes with a Multi-Surface Pet Tool whereas the WV401 comes with a bristle Pet Tool.
- Both of them have color options.
The WV201 has graphite/slate model WV201, cove model WV201BLBRN, gold model WV201GDBRN, rose gold model WV201RGBRN, thistle model WV201PKBRN.
The WV401 has blue model WV401BL, purple model WV401PK.
You can download manuals to learn more.
If you want the quick download links, here are the links:
WV201 user guide:
If the links do not work, visit sharkclean.com to find the download link yourself.
If you know other difference between them, you can also share by commenting below to help others make an informed decision.
The main difference between them is the floor nozzle and the color.
The WS620 has a smaller floor nozzle than the WS632.
The WS620 is slate grey,
WS632 is steel grey,
WS632BLBRN is rose gold,
WS632GDBRN is gold,
WS632BLBRN is cove,
WS632PKBRN is thistle,
WS632GNBRN is sage.
images from sharkclean.com
Otherwise, they function the same.
These Shark Wandvac lightweight cordless vacuums function similarly to traditional stick & handheld 2-in-1 vacuums, but with a slimmer design.
They are designed for everyday small cleaning jobs.
You can use the hand unit which weighs 2.1 lbs only for quick pickup, or use the hand unit with the wand for longer reach, or connect the floor nozzle to the wand for cleaning hard floors and carpets.
- Have On/Off button which does not require you to keep holding down. But if you need extra power, you have to hold down the boost button.
- There is a normal power mode and a Boost button for pressing to get extra suction for tougher messes.
- They have Shark’s PowerFins brushroll which use silicone fins to replace traditional bristles to deliver continuous contact to floors and deep clean dirt, debris, pet hair & more.
- They also have self cleaning brushroll design which reduce hair wrapping issues.
If there is any blockage, you can remove the brushroll cover to access to the roller to clean the brushroll and floor nozzle.
- Brushroll cannot be turned off when vacuuming.
- No manual carpet pile adjustment control.
- They feature Shark’s HyperVelocity accelerated suction power for providing a good cleaning performance.
- They all come with one lithium ion battery which is detachable. If you want to extend the run time, you can buy an extra battery.
- One battery runs approximately 8 to 17 minutes. In regular mode, it runs approximately 17 minutes; with the boost button pressed, it runs approximately 8 minutes.
- Full charge takes approximately 3.5 hours.
- There’s battery indicator to tell you the battery power level when charging and in use.
- They use brushless motor like many other stick vacuums on the market.
- They are bagless, dust cup is small, holds 0.13 quarts, pretty small.
- The bin has one touch empty design.
- No HEPA filter. For those who are looking for one with HEPA filtration, this one is not your choice.
- No LED headlights. If you need one with headlights to help clean low light areas like under bed, please note that these vacuums do not have headlights.
- Though the floor nozzle is relatively big, the hand unit has the motor inside, so they are top heavy and do not self stand. When you need to take a break or stop to answer the phone or move something, you have to lean the vacuum against something or lay it flat.
- Wand is straight, length is not adjustable.
- Come with a Duster Crevice Tool to clean corners, along baseboard edges and other hard to reach tight spots;
and a Pet Multi-Tool which has stiff bristle brush to clean stuck-on debris, or you can remove the bristle brush to remove stubborn pet hair and large piles of debris from upholstery.
- Come with a charging base for charging and storage.
For this somewhat big footprint base, it is strange that it only holds one of the included attachments.
- You can charge the unit in an upright position or in the side by side position with the charging dock, or charge the hand vacuum without the charging dock.
- Carry 5-year limited warranty on unit and 2-year limited warranty on battery.
For more details, you can download the Shark Wandvac user guide:
Let’s learn the difference between Shark Rocket Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum IZ140, IZ140C, IZ142 and UZ145 below:
images from shark clean.com
The IZ140 and IZ140C have no headlights whereas the IZ142 and UZ145 equipped with LED headlights on the nozzle.
The IZ140 comes with a MultiFLEX Wand, a Dusting Brush and an 8-inch Crevice Tool.
The IZ140C comes with a Straight Wand, an Upholstery Tool and an 8-inch Crevice Tool.
The IZ142 may come with a Straight Wand or a MultiFLEX Wand, a Pet Multi-Tool and an 8-inch Crevice Tool.
The UZ145 may come with a Straight Wand or MultiFLEX Wand, a Dusting Brush and an 8-inch Crevice Tool.
The IZ140 is Teal, the IZ140C is Green, whereas the IZ142 and UZ145 are Orange.
[table “133” not found /]
- Can be used as a stick vacuum or transformed into a handheld vacuum to tackle different cleaning jobs.
- Cordless, powered by 1900mAh 21.6V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (battery part number XFBT620). Battery can only be charged in the vacuum.
- Self-cleaning brushroll for removing hair without hair wrap.
- PowerFins provide non stop contact to clean carpets and floors.
- Carry 5-year limited warranty on the unit, 2-year limited warranty on the battery.
- Washable filters. It is recommended to rinse them with water only, clean the 2 pre-motor filters at least once a month and post-motor filter at least once a year.
- Bagless, transparent dust cup holds 0.34 dry quarts.
Some questions and answers:
- Do they have a wall mount?
- Is the battery removable?
The battery is fixed, it is replaceable but requires tools to replace. Not the type that you can get a second battery to easliy swap out to extend the running time.
- How long will it take to charge?
A full charge takes approximately 3 – 3.5 hours.
- What’s the run time?
Depends on which mode and setting you choose.
They have Standard mode and Boost mode, Bare Floor setting and Carpet setting.
When using as a hand vac, they run up to 40 minutes in Standard mode, up to 10 minutes in Boost mode.
While using with the floor nozzle, choosing Bare Floor setting, they run up to 25 minutes in Standard mode, up to 10 minutes in Boost mode.
While using with floor nozzle, choosing Carpet setting, they run up to 20 minutes in Standard mode, up to 10 minutes in Boost mode.
- Do you have to continuously hold a button to use them?
They have On/Off control, in standard mode, you do not have to keep pressing the button. However, if you need more suction power, you will need to pull the Trigger
on the handheld vacuum to enter the Boost mode for extra power. And release it to return to standard mode.
The Shark HZ2002 and HZ251 corded stick vacuum cleaners look similar. If you are deciding between them, we will help you make an informed purchase.
Below is the main difference between Shark HZ2002 Vertex Ultralight DuoClean PowerFins Corded Stick Vacuum and Shark HZ251 UltraLight Corded Stick Vacuum:
images from shark clean.com
|Vacuum||Shark Vertex Ultralight DuoClean Powerfins Corded Vacuum HZ2002||Shark Ultralight Corded Stick Vacuum HZ251
|Design||Stick & Handheld 2-in-1||Stick & Handheld 2-in-1
|Self Clean Brushroll||Yes||Yes
on the nozzle
on the nozzle
|Dust Collection Type||Bagless||Bagless
|Bin Capacity||0.32 quarts||0.32 quarts
|Anti-Allergen Complete Seal System||No||No
|Cleaning Path Width (inch)||8.11||8.71
|Accessories||(1) Dusting Brush |
(1) Crevice Tool
(1) Self-cleaning Pet Power Brush
(1) Onboard Storage Clip
|(1) Anti-Allergen Brush
(1) Upholstery Tool
(1) Pet Crevice Tool
(1) Onboard Storage Clip
|Weight||9.05 lbs||8.31 lbs
|Dimensions (inch)||10.24" X 10.24" X 45.27" (L x W x H)||10.24" X 10.24" X 45.27" (L x W x H)
|Warranty||5 year limited warranty||5 year limited warranty
- Floor Nozzle
The HZ2002 has a DuoClean PowerFins floor nozzle with self cleaning brushroll whereas the HZ251 has a one roller floor nozzle with self cleaning feature.
The DuoClean PowerFins floor nozzle has two rollers: a soft roller to pull in large particles and fine dust for a polished look on hard floors, and a roller with flexible silicone fins to deliver non stop contact on carpets and floors, result in more dirt collection in every pass.
Shark claimed that the self-cleaning brushroll will pick up hair without wrapping problems.
- Cord Length
The HZ2002 has a cord length of 30-foot whereas the HZ251 has a 25-foot cord.
The HZ2002 has a floor selector button that allows you to press to toggle between Bare Floor and Carpet settings. Whereas the HZ251 uses a slider to get things done.
- LED User Interface
The HZ2002 has LED Display that makes it intuitive when changing cleaning modes. While the HZ251 does not has the LED display.
HZ251 comes with a Pet Crevice Tool, Upholstery Tool, and an Anti-Allergen Dusting Brush, Onboard Storage Clip.
HZ2002 comes with a Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Self-cleaning Pet Power Brush, Onboard Storage Clip.
Pet Crevice Tool is a 8-inch tool designed for removing pet hair from corners, baseboard, and other hard-to-reach spaces.
Upholstery Tool can be used to remove pet hair, dust, and large debris from delicate upholstered fabrics.
Anti-Allergen Dusting Brush has nylon fiber bristles designed for removing cleaning the most delicate surfaces.
Dusting Brush dusts and cleans delicate surfaces such as lampshades.
Crevice Tool is for cleaning in tight places and hard-to-reach areas.
Self-cleaning Pet Power Brush actively removes hair wrap as it cleans upholstery and carpeted surfaces.
Onboard Storage Clip can be snapped onto the wand to store up to two accessories.
The HZ2002 weighs 9.05 lbs versus 8.31 lbs on the HZ251.
- Cleaning Path Width
The HZ2002 has a cleaning path width of 8.11-inch versus 8.71-inch on the HZ251.
- 2-in-1 design: can be used as a handheld or a stick vacuum.
- Featured self-cleaning brushroll.
- Bagless, have a dust cup holds up to 0.32 dry quarts.
- Both have two floor settings.
- Have washable foam and felt filters.
- Removable dust cup for emptying.
- Hand unit can be hooked onto the wand for storage.
- Carry 5-year limited warranty.
Questions and answers:
- Do they have On/Off control or do you have to keep pressing the trigger?
They have On/Off power button. You don’t have to keep holding down the button.
- Do they stand upright by their own?
No. When not in use it will need to be leaned against something or the hand unit need to be stored on the hook on the wand.
- Do they have headlights?
Yes, there are headlights on the nozzle. But no lights on the hand unit.
- Do they have HEAP filter?
- Are the filters washable?
- Do they have a wall mount?
- Can the rollers be turned off when cleaning delicate surfaces?
No. In Bare Floor setting, the roller still spins, but at a slow speed.