The difference between Bissell IconPet and IconPet Pro are as follows:
The IconPet standard model features a 21.6V rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack whereas the IconPet Pro equipped with a 25.2V rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack. This is the main difference between the vacuum cleaners.
- Included Tools
The IconPet model 22889 comes with (1)Lighted Crevice Tool & Dusting Brush Combination Tool, (1)Motorized TurboBrush Tool.
While the Pro 2746A comes with (1)Flexible Crevice Tool, (1)Lighted Crevice Tool
& Dusting Brush Combination Tool, (1)Motorized TurboBrush Tool, (1)Pet Dusting Brush.
(The Pro also comes with an additional Hard Floor Brush Roll for cleaning hard floors. And it includes an additional holder to attach to the charging station to hold 2 extra tools.)
The Pro version is approximately 50 dollars more expensive than the regular version.
- Warranty Period
The IconPet carries 2 year limited warranty while the Pro carries 3 year limited warranty.
The IconPet model 22889 is Titanium & Black with Electric Blue accents in color, while the IconPet Pro model 2746A is Titanium & Black with Copper Harbor & Pearl White accents.
Otherwise, they are the same.
Things you may want to know before buying:
- Is the brush roller motorized or air powered?
- Do they stand up on their own?
- How many batteries do they come with?
- Can you buy a second battery and swap batteries for longer operating time?
No. The battery pack cannot be removed by end user. If you remove the battery yourself, it will invalidate the warranty.
- Do they come with a charger?
- How can I charge the vacuum?
You can plug the charger directly into the Hand Vacuum Assembly or into the Wall Mount.
- How long will it take to fully charged?
Approximately 4 hours.
- How long will it run per charge?
Depends on what cleaning modes you set and what attachments you use, it runs approximately 20 to 50 minutes.
- Do you need to keep pressing a button when vacuuming?
No. Just press the power button once to turn it on.
- How many cleaning modes?
There are 3 cleaning modes that provide different levels of suction power for vacuuming bare floor, area rugs, carpets.
- Is there a BrushRoll on/off control?
No. The brushroll keeps rotating.
- Do they use HEPA filter?
They have one pre-motor filter and one post-motor filter. Both are not HEPA.
- Do they come with a wall mount?
Bissell IconPet/IconPet Pro specifications and features:
- Stick and handheld 2 in 1. Can be used as a stick vacuum or a hand vacuum.
- Cordless, powered by lithium-ion battery.
- Bagless, use dust cup to collect debris, 0.4 L cup capacity.
- Digital Motor spins at up to 420 miles per hour.
- Tangle-Free Brush Roll with specially engineered bristles and powerful suction ensures pet hair stays off the brush roll and goes straight into the tank without wrapping, roller spins up to 3200 RPM.
- CleanSlide Technology provides a mess-free empty.
- Smart Seal Allergen System helps trap find dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Swivel head for easy maneuvering.
- 10.5-inch cleaning path width.
- LED Headlights help illuminate dark spots and reveal dust and debris.
- Motorized TurboBrush Tool help remove pet hair.
- Wall Storage & Charging Station for charging and neat tools storage.
- Indicator lights to show you if there’s anything wrong with the airflow, battery, brushroll, or suction motor.
- Easy to put together.
- Battery powered. No cord to get in the way and no need to switch outlets.
- Bright headlights help reveal dust, hair and debris on surfaces and dark areas.
- Easy to maneuver around furniture legs and other obstacles.
- Comes with a wall mount for storing the vacuum and the included tools, and also allow you to place the machine onto the wall mount for charging.
- They use an internal battery which can not be replaced by users. As we know, a battery will die sooner or later. If the battery cannot hold a charge, the whole vacuum cleaner is useless. With a detachable battery, you can also handle longer cleaning jobs. Or you have to wait a few hours to continue vacuuming. So, it could be better to make the battery swappable.
- Top heavy, do not stand by their own. This is a con that most stick vacuums have. You should carefully lean it against something to stop it from falling over, or lay it on the floor when you have to pause to deal with other things.