Is there a robot vacuum that also mops?
The answer is:
However, there is one thing you should know before buying:
Though these robotic floor cleaner can clean multiple types of floors, the mop module is commonly used on hard floors only, they do not have the ability to wash carpets or rugs. If you have carpeted surfaces to clean, you have to remove the mop module, and use only the vacuum function of the robot. Or use physical or virtual barriers to stop the robot from going onto carpets/rugs.
|1||Roborock Xiaowa E20/E25(E2)||Vacuum Mop Combo||Check Price at Amazon|
|2||Roborock S6||Vacuum Mop Combo||Check Price at Amazon|
|3||Coredy R500+(R550)||Vacuum Mop Combo||Check Price at Amazon|
|4||ILIFE V8s||Vacuum Mop Combo||Check Price at Amazon|
|5||Dibea DT966||Vacuum Mop Combo||Check Price at Amazon|
Our Top Picks1. Roborock Xiaowa E20/E25(E2) – best budget robotic vacuum mop combo
2. Roborock S6 – top pick for high end robotic vacuum and floor mopping machine with navigation and mapping
3. Coredy Robotic Vacuum and Mop Combo R500+(R550) – quiet combo
4. ILIFE V8s Vacuum and Mop Combo with large debris bin
5. Dibea DT966 Vacuum and Mop 2 in 1 Robot
This is an affordable smart entry level robotic vacuum and mop combination. It can vacuum, or vacuum and mop at the same time.Product Info:
- Clean with a zigzag pattern instead of random pattern.
- Automatically return to charging base to recharge when battery is low, and resuming cleaning the areas that haven’t been cleaned.
- 1800Pa of suction power.
- Carpet Boost – it will automatically maximize suction power when clean carpet.
- Schedule cleaning allows you to preset cleaning time.
- Dual gyro system to prevent losing its way.
- Inertial navigation route planning.
- Streamlined air duct allows smooth guidance of air flow.
- Slows down before bumping to protect furniture.
- Powered by a 2,600 mAh battery pack.
- 100 minutes running time.
- 640ml dust bin.
- 4 cliff sensors to prevent falling off.
- 2cm obstacle crossing.
- App remote control, compatible with Android, IOS.
- Can mop and vacuum.
- Mopping is good for cleaning muddy pet paw prints quickly.
- Can automatically boost suction power while cleaning carpet.
- Supports app control,easy to set up.
- The App will alert you when it starts cleaning and ends cleaning.
- Allows you to preset cleaning time.
- Can do spot cleaning.
- This robotic mop and vacuum with good mapping and navigation, cleans floors without missing a spot.
- Good battery life.
- When battery is low, it can automatically go back to charging base to recharge and resume cleaning where it left off.
- Cliff sensor to avoid falling down stairs.
- Big dust bin for its size.
- Good price.
- This multifunction robot could not recognize the carpet/rugs with mopping module installed. And the APP does not allow you to set a virtual barrier to stop the robot from going onto carpet and rugs while mopping. You have to use physical magnetic boundary strips to stop it moving onto those areas.
- It maps your rooms but you cannot interact with it.
- The robot will treat deep colored rugs and carpets as cliffs therefore it will not clean over them. You have to cover the cliff sensors to solve the problem.
This is one of the best budget mop and vacuum combo, if your house is simple and straightforward, this cost effective robot is ideal. It is good for laminate, vinyl flooring,other hard floors.
If you have enough budget and want one that is more intelligent, you can consider the higher end S6 model.
The only difference between Roborock E20 and E25 is the color: E20 is white while E25 is black, no other difference.
This Roborock S6 mop and vacuum 2 in 1 robot features intelligent navigation and mapping technology, it is smarter than the previous models. It has adaptive route algorithm and selective room cleaning, it can learn and understand the cleaning environment,and then clean fast with a efficient route. You can set virtual no-go areas and barriers via App without using any physical kits like magnet tape. And it is equipped with a large 5,200 mAh battery pack that enables it to run up to 3 hours per charge. It also makes lower noise.More Product info:
- Integrated mopping module.
- 14 types of sensors to help navigate your home smoothly and thoroughly.
- 2000Pa of suction power.
- It boosts suction power when senses carpet.
- When power runs low, it automatically returns to recharge to 80%, then continue cleaning from where it left off.
- Allow you to set cleaning schedules.
- 2 cm climbing.
- Allows you to attach the mopping module to vacuum and mop simultaneously.
- Virtual barriers and no-go zone work great.
- Smart,great navigation and mapping. It keeps learning and mapping the best routes,cleans methodically. After it maps the entire house, it remembers it for future cleanings, it’s less likely to bump into obstacles, and cleans fast compared to many other robots.
- It creates maps of your house and allows you to edit if needed.
- App has responsive and intuitive UI.
- The suction is decent.
- You can schedule it to clean or not to clean certain rooms at certain times.
- 5,200 mAh battery capacity provides long running time,it can run for up to 180 minutes when in Quiet mode.
- Pretty quiet.
- Works with Alexa.
- Uses rubber side brushes which may not be good on carpet/rugs like short shag carpeting.
- However, you can use the S5 bristle side brush which is compatible with the S6 to solve this problem.
- Still unable to stop mopping on carpet when water tank installed like previous generation. But you can set no go zone or barrier via your phone to stop it from moving onto carpets/rugs.
- 480ml bin capacity is smaller than the lower end model E20/E25.
This combo robot is expensive but smart and efficient, if you have large house and enough budget, then this one will be a good pick.
This is another cheap entry level vacuum and mop combination robot. It is quiet. Unlike the above robots that can vacuum and mop at the same time, this one can only vacuum or only mop. But the water tank holds more water.Product info:
- It can vacuum or mop.
- Has dual edge-brushes to help clean the dust and pet hair.
- Comes with remote control.
- Anti-collision avoids unnecessary crashes, anti-drop avoids falling off.
- Has 5 cleaning modes: Spot Cleaning, Edge Cleaning, Max Vacuuming Cleaning, Single Room Cleaning and Manual Cleaning.
- Powered by 2600mAh Lithium ion battery,runs up to 120 minutes.
- Goes to charging base automatically after finishing cleaning or when battery power is low.
- Max 1400Pa suction power.
- 500ml dust bin capacity.
- Height is 2.7inch.
- 0.64 inch climbing threshold.
- Noise level is 45-65dB.
- Comes with 4 side brushes, 1 extra set of filter, 1 main brush, 1 remote control, 1 cleaning brush, 1 charging dock, 1 power adapter, 1 welcome guide and user manual.
- Reasonable price.
- Simple to set up.
- Low noise level.
- Suction power is strong.
- Comes with remote control.
- Allows you to preset cleaning time.
- Automatically goes back to home base to recharge itself.
- Transition between hard floors and rugs/carpets without any problem.
- Picks up dirt,debris,fine particles and pet hair well.
- Easy to empty dust bin and change the filter.
- Does not map your house.
- Cleans in a random pattern.
- Though it supports mopping function, the water tank and cleaning mop cloth should be purchased separately.
- Boundary stripes sold separately.
- Not support WiFi, no App control.
This entry level robotic combo is not smart, but gets its job done well. If you’re in the market for your first cleaning robot, this one is worth a look.
iLife v8s is an automatic mopping robot that can also vacuums, but it does not vacuum and mop at the same time. While mopping, it uses the water tank;while vacuuming, the water tank should be switched to dust bin. It has no rotating brush bar, designed mainly for hard surfaces. It has a large dust bin which holds up to 750 ml, so you don’t need to empty frequently.Product info:
- Vacuuming and wet mopping 2 in 1 cleaning.
- 300 ml water tank.
- No roller brush to reduce tangle problem.
- Designed for pet hair and hardwood,tile,laminate,stone,and other hard surfaces.
- Schedule cleaning allows you to set the time you want it to run.
- Zone division for more efficient cleaning.
- Cliff detection to avoid falling off.
- Obstacle detection to avoid hard bumping.
- 3-speed water dropping system to control water flow.
- Auto recharge when power is low or cleaning jobs done.
- Cannot use the V8s on carpet when in the mopping mode.
- Two side brushes to help picking up dirt.
- 6 cleaning modes:Auto,Path,Max,Edge,Mopping,Spot.
- Self-adjustable suction nozzle enhances the suction strength when needed.
- RoadRover wheels allow it to transition between carpet and hard floors. Able to cross obstacles that are shorter than 12mm.
- Runs up to 100 minutes.
- Features mechanical buttons & LCD display.
- 12 month limited warranty.
- No roller, so no hair tangle problem on roller.
- Big dust bin compared to other similar robots.
- Pretty good suction.
- Reasonable price.
- Removing dog hair from hard floors well in vacuum mode.
- Schedule function works well.
- Comes with remote control.
- It does a good job on edge cleaning.
- Does not include boundary stripes to prevent it from going to places where you don’t want it to go.
- Moves randomly, no mapping, not smart, no learning capability, makes the same mistake repeatedly.
- Not support WiFi, no App.
This electric floor vacuum and mopper is a basic combo robot, if you have small space with smooth surface, and are looking for an affordable vacuum mop combo that does not have a beater bar for pet hair to get tangled, you can check out this one.
The Dibea DT966 combines vacuuming and mopping function in one machine.Product info:
- D-shape design.
- Anti-scratch tempered glass cover.
- Designed for cleaning on hardwood, tile, laminate, marble floors, thin short carpets that are lower than 0.5 inch, and most floor types.
- 5 cleaning modes:V-line,Spot,Edge,Auto,Scheduling.
- 1200pa suction power.
- 1600 sq ft. coverage.
- 350ml dust bin for vacuuming, 350ml water tank for wet mopping.
- Anti-collision and anti dropping sensors.
- 2,600mAh lithium ion battery provides up to 150 minutes of running time,takes 3 to 5 hours to charge. Automatically go back to charge when finishing cleaning or power is low.
- 2 side brushes help clean corners and edges.
- V-shape roller brush helps pick up more messes.
- Lower than 65 dB working noise.
- Schedule function allows you to preset cleaning time via remote control.
- Double-Filter System to trap more dust.
- Comes with 2 side brushes, 1 HEPA filter, 1 water tank, 2 mop pads, 1 infrared remote control, 1 charging base, 1 adaptor.
- Mopping function can not be used on carpets or rugs.
- Comes with remote control and easy to operate.
- Self-docks and recharges itself when power is lower than 20%.
- You can schedule it to clean.
- Noise level is low.
- Switching between carpets/rugs and hard floors with no problem.
- Not support WiFi.
- Not that smart, does not map your house,not for large house with multiple rooms.
- Does not include any boundary tape to prevent the robot from going into areas where you don’t want it to go.
If you are lazy or have a busy lifestyle, this basic automatic floor mopper that also vacuums may be a helper to clean your house, save you time and effort on daily cleaning.
Download Manual to learn more:
Can vacuum mop combo recognize carpet and hard floors?
When in vacuum mode, some can sensor carpet and boost suction power;
when the mop module attached, they don’t detect carpet or avoid going over them.