The Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaners FH50700 and FH50710 models have the same function and very similar appearance, there’s little cosmetic difference between them, such as the printed “POWERDASH PET” moved to the middle part under the logo text from the bottom.
Some questions and answers you may want to know before buying:
- Can you use the PowerDash to clean carpeted stairs? If not, does it come with tools for cleaning upholstery and stairs?
No. It is not intended for stair cleaning, it is too bulky to use on stairs. And it does not come with any attachments. If you need a carpet extractor with tool for stairs, couch, and upholstered furniture, you can check out the Hoover SmartWash FH52000 and SmartWash Pet FH53000 series, if you need a smaller one for spot stains removal, have a look at the Hoover Spotless FH11300PC spot cleaner.
- Does the PowerDash vacuum carpet?
It’s not for regular vacuuming, it is recommended to vacuum before using it to wash the carpet.
- Can the PowerDash be used to clean hard floors like tile, vinyl, or wood?
No. It’s not intended for using on hard surfaces.
- Can you use it to shampoo a wall to wall carpet?
This carpet shampooer is small, it has small tanks. If you want to use it to clean wall to wall carpet, you will need to fill and empty the tanks frequently.
- Can you turn off the spinning brush roller?
- Is there a brushroll height adjustment?
- Can you remove the brushroll to clean?
Yes. However, it’s not something that you can easily pull out without tools, you will need to use Philips screwdriver to remove like 6 screws to access it.
- Does the PowerDash have a heater?
No. There is no built-in heater to heat the water. You can use hot tap water.
- Does it steam?
- Does it pick up pet hair?
It picks up some pet hair, but not it’s intended for.You’d better do regular vacuuming first.
- Does it remove pet urine stains and odor?
You will need to pre-treat the pet accident areas with solution.
- Where can I buy replacement parts for the PowerDash, such as belt, brushroll, tanks and tank cap?
The best place to get the replacement parts is the Hoover official website:
- Can you use formula from other brands?
If you want to keep your warranty, you have to use only Hoover cleaning solutions.
- Is this dual voltage?
No. In US, it’s 120V.
These are small and lightweight carpet and rug shampooers for apartments and small homes, not meant for large areas. For anyone who have physical limitations, these are also good machines to consider. But for heavy duty works, you probably want to buy a more powerful one.
Specifications and features:
- PowerSpin Pet Brush Roll with antimicrobial protection
- HeatForce technology to blow hot air onto the carpet for faster drying
- Lightweight – weigh less than 13 pounds
- Compact design for easy storage – dimensions are 10.125 x 15.25 x 43.5 inches(W x D x H)
- 0.5 gallons clean water tank capacity.
- Dual Tank System to keep clean water and dirty water separately.
- 10-inch cleaning path.
- Removable Nozzle for easy cleanup.
- 7 amps motor.
- Carry 1 year limited warranty.
- Both of them comes with a sample bottle of cleaning solution.
You can download the PowerDash manual to learn more:
- Reasonably priced.
- Easy to put together.
- Simple to use.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Small enough, take less space to store than most carpet cleaners on the market.
- Does a fairly good job cleaning carpets and rugs.
- Leaves the floor relatively dry if you go slowly with suction only to get up the residue.
- Small tanks require frequent emptying and refilling.
- Inconvenient to clean the brushroll and brushroll compartment. You have to flip the shampooer on its side to expose the bottom, then use a Philips driver to unscrew a few screws to remove belt cover, and then pull out the brushroll to clean up everything. Such design should be improved.
- Hard to empty the dirty water tank completely.
- Some users reported leaking problems. If the leakage is the one that mentioned within this user review at Amazon, they can be fixed.
If you have an expensive carpet or area rug, please always read the instructions, and consult the manufacturer to make sure if it’s safe to use a carpet shampooer to clean it.