Contacted the Hoover customer service via email, they told me that there was little difference, the FH5002 is the pet version, it has a 12-foot accessory hose, that’s it. And they told me that I could find the info on Hoover.com and other websites.
So I just visited the official site and multiple retailers websites to get more details. According to my research online, yes, there is only tiny difference between the Hoover carpet cleaners FH52000,FH52001,and FH52002. They are the color, included accessories, and where sold.
The Hoover SmartWash Automatic Carpet Cleaner FH52000 is turquoise(teal), sold on Hoover.com,Amazon.com,BestBuy.com,Kohls.com,Abt.com,Target.com,etc., comes with a 8 ft. accessory hose, 2-in-1 antimicrobial pet tool which is an upholstery tool, 12 oz. Expert Pet sample bottle of cleaning solution, accessory storage bag.
The Hoover SmartWash Automatic Carpet Cleaner FH52001 is blue, sold on Walmart.com, comes with a 8 ft. hose, 2-in-1 antimicrobial pet tool, sample bottle of cleaning solution, accessory storage bag.
The Professional Series SmartWash Advanced Automatic Upright Pet Carpet Cleaner FH52002 is red, sold exclusively on Homedepot.com, comes with XL tools – a longer hose which is 12 ft. long and a wider head 2-in-1 stair tool, sample bottle of spot cleaning solution, sample bottle of cleaning solution, mesh storage bag.
The Hoover SmartWash carpet shampooer is one of the best rated carpet cleaner machines on amazon.com, if not the best. It is designed for washing your carpeted areas.
It has separate 1 gallon clean water tank, dirty water tank, and a 0.2 ounces solution tank.
There is no solution measuring and mixing needed, it will automatically mix and dispense solution for optimal carpet cleaning without requiring you to touch a button.
It has 2 modes, a Wash & Dry mode which allows you to push the machine forward to wash and pull back to dry, and a Dry Only mode for excess water extraction for faster drying.
The machine does NOT have a heater to heat the water. It is recommended to use warm water to clean.
According to Hoover, this machine features HeatForce which applies hot air directly to the area you are cleaning, resulting in faster drying. I think the HeatForce is something similar to the Bissell HeatWave technology which utilize the hot air generated by the motor of the machine.
Another thing you should know before buying is that it is designed specifically for cleaning carpeted surfaces, not for cleaning hard floors like hardwood and tile.
- Easy to put together and use.
- Does a good job on carpet cleaning.
- Smooth maneuvering with the big wheels.
- Has side brushes.
- Separate tanks – detergent tank,clean water tank, and dirty water tank. All tanks are clear that allows you to see the levels, all are removable for filling,emptying and cleaning.
- No need to measure and mix detergent.
- Automatically dries carpet while pulling backwards.
- Easy to disassemble for maintenance, tanks,nozzle,brushes are easy to remove and clean.
- Auto clean and solution dispensing. Some people likes the feature while others don’t. People like it because they don’t have to pressure buttons to spray detergent and water when cleaning. People do not like it because they cannot control when and how much to spray formula and water, especially when cleaning spots that need to apply extra detergent, such as removing a pet urine stain off the carpeting. So it would be better to have some control to spray shampoo on cleaning spots with stubborn pet stains. And people also think the no button control may over saturate the carpet with water.
- Average noise level.
- 22 ft. cord.
- Weighs 18.9 pounds.
- The 2-in-1 antimicrobial pet tool feels cheap and is awkward to use.
- Build quality, multiple users reported that the roller brushes of the machine stop working after a few months’ usage.
- Multiple users complained that they had problems in getting the carpet extractor to stay on, they reported that it would not stay on once foot lifted from the pedal, it’s so finicky and tricky to use. To solve this issue, according to Hoover customer support, it is recommended to push the pedal at the bottom left corner, then push down firmly, and release. Sometimes the scrubber does not stay on because it “thinks” the dirty water tank is full.
- Some users also complained that the auto mixing and dispensing feature uses up the solution too quickly.
Overall, this residential carpet cleaner does a good job on cleaning. But should have better quality control and some design improvement. It’s not perfect, but is one of the best home carpet shampooers you can find on the market.
1,This machine does not have a rinse only mode. If you want to remove any solution residue off the carpet, you can remove the solution tank to rinse with only clean water.
2,Always make sure the tanks are secured before using to avoid leaking.
3,Always vacuum carpet or rug before using this washer, especially if you have dogs and cats.
4,Saw some retailers use “Smartwash+” whereas some others use “Smartwash”, so there would be no difference between Smartwash+ and Smartwash.
Some questions and answers.
Can this machine be used on hard floors?
This carpet scrubber is designed for carpet and rug cleaning, not a multi surfaces cleaner, not recommended for bare floors.
Does it have a heater?
No, it does not have any heater.
What’s the warranty?
5 year limited warranty. Download manual to learn what the warranty covers.
Can you use it to rinse only?
Yes. Just take the solution tank out.
Does it work on a shag carpet?
This will work fine on a thick carpet. According to Hoover, it was tested and designed to work on all carpet types. But longer drying time.
Can you adjust the height of the roller?
No, there is no way to adjust the brush height to fit different piles of carpeting.
Download manual to learn detail this carpet cleaning machine before buying.