If you are looking for the best carpet shampooer for pets, here are 3 of the highest rated products you can take into consideration. They are:
1,Bissell Big Green 86T3 Professional Carpet Shampooer
2,Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Carpet Extractor,under $300
3,Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Scrubber,under $200
If you prefer an inexpensive carpet cleaner under $100, you could also consider Hoover FH50700 PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner.
Bissell Big Green 86T3
The BISSELL 86T3 Big Green is a deep carpet shampooer that is able to wash and dry carpet at a professional grade. You can expect it to get dog, cat, and other pet stains and odors out of carpet, make carpet look like new and smell nice.This machine has a large rotating brush for carpet and rug cleaning; it comes with a 9 foot hose and 6-inch stain tool to help clean upholstery, stairs, etc.; it includes removable large capacity tanks; has a flow indicator to monitor fluid levels and tell when to check tanks; it also features adjustable handle to fit user heights. Other specs you may want to know – 12 amps,10.5-inch cleaning path width,5 year limited warranty.
If you search online, you will find that it receives great customer satisfaction. Here are some of the goods and bads of this carpet cleaning machine.
- No assembly required.
- Large tanks that have a capacity of 1.75 gallons, easy to fill and empty.
- Powerful motor delivers a lot of suction, lifts up dirty water great, almost the amount that you put into the carpet.
- Simple to use.
- Almost no clog problem.
- Easy to clean up.
- Great performance, remove carpet stains, make your carpets smell good and look new.
- Has a heavy duty power cord which is 25 feet in length. Not super long, but long enough to reach areas without keeping plug and unplug.
- Well balanced.
Build quality of the flow indicator is the biggest complaint. Some users reported that water leaking out of the flow indicator. You can read these user reviews.
- It is pricey. At bissell.com, it is priced at $469. (Price checked on 07-03-2019)
- Weighs 40.6 lbs when empty, pretty heavy to carry and pull around, especially carry it up and down stairs.
Overall, if you are looking for a carpet cleaner that works, then this Bissell 86T3 Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine deserves a look. Though it is heavy to push, pricey, and a little problem with the flow indicator, it does its job well, removes pet accident stains and odor, even gets old stains out of carpet, make carpet look new, smell fresh. Definitely one of the best carpet spot and odor remover machine to buy on the market.
Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Carpet Extractor
The Bissell 1986 is engineered with pet owners in mind, for homes with cleaning needs like eliminating dog and cat accident stains, odors, cleaning dog diarrhea from carpet, etc.
It has separate 1 gallon clean water tank and dirty water tank, but no detergent tank. You have to mix the clean water with detergent before cleaning. There are lines on the tank to help you pour into the right amount of formula. It has 2 buttons for spraying, a hand control one for general cleaning and a foot control one for pretreating stains. And it features 2 cleaning modes – a Deep Cleaning Mode and an Express Cleaning Mode. To get best cleaning performance, it is recommended to clean in Deep Clean Mode, but not for delicate carpet or area rugs. To regularly and quickly clean the surfaces, select the Express Cleaning Mode, it gets carpet dry faster. But you should always check with your carpet/rug manufacturer for their recommended cleaning method before selecting the cleaning mode.
This Bissell carpet shampooer can also be used to clean hard floors. However, it is not designed for hard floor cleaning, and it requires a Bare Floor Tool which is sold separately to clean hard floor.
This machine comes with a 2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Tool for dry vacuuming and wet washing, including removing pet hair, stains and odors off couches,upholstered chairs,sofa,etc..
There is also a nozzle clean out tool included which is helpful for removing dog hair or lint inside the nozzle and brush roll.
6.8 amps,11-inch cleaning path width,8 foot hose,25 foot cord.
- Very simple to put together.
- Easy to fill in water and formula. Has indicator lines to tell you how much solution to pour into.
- Transparent tanks let you see water level and dirt it pulls up.
- Easy to empty water tank.
- It does a good job getting carpet cleaned.
- 2 cleaning modes for different needs.
- The nozzle and brush roll cover is easy to remove for cleaning up.
- Comes with 2 bottles of trial size of formula.
- One of the biggest complaints that some users have with this machine is the main unit brush can’t be turned off when using the attachment. The brushroll continues to spin while cleaning with the hose and tool, so there might be a chance it would cause damage to carpet, rugs, and other flooring if you let the brush hit the floor. So never get the machine to sit in one spot for very long to avoid any damage. But this requires you to stop the cleaning jobs with the attachment. It would be better to have a brush on/off control.
- Multiple users complained about the belt quality, some reported that it broke on first use, some said it broke after one year. And the warranty does not cover belt.
- A separate detergent tank would be better.
Overall, for any pet owner who have cat and dog pee and poop stains to remove from carpeted surface, you could give it a try.
Some questions and answers you may want to know before buying.
Does this Bissell carpet extractor have a heater to heat the water?
No, it doesn’t. You should use hot tap water.
Does it have a heater to help dry the carpet?
Does it have a separate formula tank?
No,it doesn’t. Formula should be pour into the clean water tank before cleaning. So, there is no way to spray formula only onto the carpet/rug.
How many belts does it have?
The Bissell 1986 has 3 belts for the brushes on the machine.
Are the brushes motorized?
Can you use it as a dry vacuum?
No. This is not a dry vacuum but a carpet washer. You should vacuum before using this machine.
Can this carpet scrubber be used on wool carpet?
Always check manufacturer’s tag before cleaning.
If no tag, it is not recommended to use the deep clean mode for cleaning delicate, silk, wool, antique or area rugs.
Do a test clean on a spot if you are not sure if it’s safe on your carpet.
What tools does it include?
It comes with a 2-in-1 pet upholstery tool and a 3-inch tough stain tool.
Also a detachable hose,accessory bag, 2 x 8oz trial size formula.
What’s the warranty?
It carries a 5 year limited warranty. Read manual for details.
It is recommended to read all the instructions in the user guide before using to reduce or avoid common problems caused by improper uses. Some leaking and worse smell problems that users complained could be avoided. But if you get a lemon,that’s another story.
This is a carpet washer, not a vacuum cleaner, so you should not move it as fast as a vacuum. You should move it slower to avoid leaving excess water on the carpet or rugs.
All parts should be dried thoroughly before storing. Some users suggest holding down the spray button to release any remaining solution inside the parts of the machine could help avoid mildew odor.
To only rinse carpet, use only water without mixing with formula.
Hoover Smartwash Carpet Washer
For Hoover Smartwash, this machine does not require you to mix solution, you do not need to press any trigger to spray solution during the cleaning process, it automatically mix water with detergent, and spray to carpet. You can learn the pros and cons of it by reading this post.