Therefore,a lighter and smaller one is a better choice:
- an all-around stick and handheld 2 in 1 unit is the best option,you can use it to quickly vacuum floor or above floor;
- a handheld vacuum for couch is useful when you do not need to vacuum under furniture,for example,you have very low profile couch and furniture that a vac nozzle cannot fit into;
- a robotic vacuum is a good option if you just want to pick up the messes under sofa,bed,and other furniture;
- a spot cleaner is a nice tool if you want to remove those coffee,dog and cat poop and pee stains on carpeted surfaces.
- a versatile steamer machine is a great buy if you want to sanitize the couch,upholstery,furniture,floors.
|1||Bissell 33A1||Corded Hand Vac||Check Price at Amazon|
|2||Dyson V7 Animal Pro+||Cordless Stick,Hand Vac||Check Price at Amazon|
|3||Shark HV292||Corded Handheld Vac||Check Price at Amazon|
|4||ILIFE V3s Pro||Robot Vacuum||Check Price at Amazon|
|5||Bissell 1400B||Corded Spot Cleaner||Check Price at Amazon|
|6||LIGHT N EASY 7688ANW||Corded Steamer||Check Price at Amazon|
This Bissell pet vacuum features specialized rubber nozzle that help pull out pet hair on couch,carpeted stairs,and upholstery.Product Info:
- Features 4 amp motor.
- Multi level filtration.
- Cyclonic cleaning system.
- 16 feet power cord.
- Designed for removing pet hair, cleaning sofa,carpeted stairs, upholstery,etc.
- 0.78 liter dirt cup capacity.
- Includes 2 different nozzles: a rubber contour nozzle and a hard nozzle.
- Weighs less than 4 pounds.
- Dimensions: 10 x 5 x 8 inches
- Carries 1 year limited warranty.
- Good price.
- The removable rubber nozzle helps grab hair, is good for removing lab,terrier,golden retriever, other pet hair from sofa,fabric curtain,cloth,upholstery,rugs,carpeted surfaces,and more.
- No brush roller, so no need to tackle tangled hair.
- Easy to change nozzle.
- Good suction.
- It blows away the messes on sides because the exhaust vents are on the sides. Not for smooth surface dusting, or tight area dusting.
- Lack of attachments, such as a crevice tool. If you need a hose and crevice tool, you can consider Bissell 47R51,but it is about 20 dollar more expensive.
- On the loud side.
Bissell 33A1 User Guide
If you are looking for an affordable handheld pet hair vacuum for couch,bed,furniture,etc.,this is for you. But if you are looking for a dustbuster,or vacuum for hard surfaces, keep on searching.
This is a cordless stick and handheld 2 in 1 versatile vacuum cleaner for cleaning sofa,under furniture,floors,and more. It comes with various attachments for different cleaning jobs.Product Info:
- Can be used as a stick vacuum or a hand vac.
- Cord free and bagless.
- 3.5 hour charging time.
- Up to 30 minutes of runtime
- 2 power modes:max power mode provides 6 minutes of 100 aw suction power for difficult tasks, powerful mode provides 21 aw suction power for longer cleaning.
- Whole-machine filtration captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Hygienic dust cup emptying.
- Washable lifetime filter.
- 0.14 gallon bin volume.
- The direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove ground-in dirt.
- Docking station stores and charges the vacuum, and holds additional accessories.
- 2 Tier Radial cyclones: 15 cyclones arranged across two tiers, create strong centrifugal forces, to capture more dirt.
- Includes Flexi Crevice tool, Mini-motorized tool, Stubborn Dirt brush, Combination tool, Crevice tool, Direct Drive cleaner head, and docking station.
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 49 x 9.8
- Weighs 5.3 lbs.
- Carries 2 year limited warranty.
- Versatile, easily switch between a handheld and a stick.
- Comes with a good amount of tools for all kinds of tasks, and they are easy to change.
- Easy to get into places without having to move furniture, and also easy to goes around furniture legs and into corners
- Can be used for car interiors detailing, cleaning boat carpet and RV floors.
- Pick up cat litter.
- Easy to take apart to clean out the pet hair and string.
- Easy to dump the dust bin.
- Wall mount docking station for neat storage and changing.
- Pricey compared to other brands.
- For people who prefer an on/off button, you will find it it annoying to keep holding the trigger the entire time.
- Battery runs less than 10 minutes on max mode.
- Bin is on the small size.
Download manual to learn more:
Dyson V7 Animal Pro vacuum user guide
If you are looking for a battery powered,lightweight,and versatile vacuum cleaner for doing quick jobs on couch,stairs and which is also relatively quiet and powerful, go for this one. If you want a low budget item, this is not for you.
For those who want to buy a new machine to replace your traditional vacuum, think twice, because the battery is not enough for cleaning a whole house, unless you have a small place like a small apartment or condo.
This Shark handheld vacuum comes with a mini motorized brush which is good for pet hair removable, vacuuming carpeted stairs,furniture and auto interiors.
- Corded with 15 ft. power cord.
- 120V,60Hz,3.4 amps,400 watts
- Weighs 3.7 pounds.
- Mini Motorized Brush for handheld deep cleaning.
- Washable filters.
- Dimensions: 9.7 x 4.9 x 13.6 inches.
- Includes a 12-inch crevice tool,Dusting brush,TruePet Motorized Brush,Extended-reach stretch hose.
- Carries 5 year limited warranty.
- The motorized tool is good for removing German Shepherd,Lab,Golden Retriever,other animal hair from carpeted stairs,furniture,RV and other vehicle interiors.
- Decent suction power.
- Solidly made.
- Attachments are easy to change.
- Easy to empty bin.
- Filter is easily accessed for cleaning.
- No storage kits for compact storage.
- Cord is not long enough to cover a long flight of steps.
This is a lightweight but powerful corded hand vacuum, for use on removing dog and cat fur from dog and cat beds,carpeted stairs,sofa and other similar furniture, this is a good pick.
This ILIFE V3s Pro vacuum robot has no roller brush, so you do not need to tackle tangled pet hair and fur caused by the beater brush.
You can learn more about this no roller robotic vacuum here.
For pet families,pet accidents are avoidable. Sometimes, you have to remove those pet vomit,muddy paws, dog and cat urine stain and odor from carpeted surfaces and upholstery. And that is something a dry vacuum cannot handle. So, if you are looking for a wet vacuum cleaner for couch and other furniture, maybe you can also consider a spot cleaner.
This portable spot cleaning machine is designed to remove embeded dirt, spots, and stains from carpet, upholstery, carpeted stairs, area rugs, auto interiors, and more.Product Info:
- Separate clean tank and dirty tank with a tank capacity of 48 ounces.
- Includes a 3-inch tough stain tool to help clean spots.
- 15 ft. power cord.
- Use on a nominal 120-volt circuit.
- 3 amps.
- Carries 1 year limited warranty.
- Weighs 9.6 lbs.
- 8.2 x 17.2 x 12.5 inches.
- Good for removing stains,revitalizing couch,area rugs,carpeted steps,etc.
- Simple to set up and use.
- Both the hose and cord store neatly.
- Comes with a trial size bottle of detergent.
- Compact for storing in the closet.
- Hose length could be longer.
- Noise level is on the loud side.
- Pet and human hair,lints or similar messes should be vacuumed up before using this machine, or they will get trapped in the stain tool and the dirty tank, and it will be a hassle to clean out.
A small spot cleaner that works for pet accidents, coffee, juice spills stains on carpet and upholstery, best for new stains. Buy it if you have kids and pets, it does what it is supposed to do.
If you need a upholstery sanitizer,have a look at the following versatile steamer. It can help remove stains chemical free, and it gets the upholstery dry more quickly than a spot cleaner.
This versatile steam machine can be used as a floor steam mop, and can be transformed into a handheld steamer for sanitizing and cleaning furniture,garment,kitchen equipments,shower,etc.Product info:
- Floor steam mop and handheld steamer 2 in 1 design.
- High, Medium and Low 3 steam power for different needs.
- Generates 110 degree hot steam to clean surfaces.
- No steam will be released when in upright position. It only releases steam when in motion.
- 20 ft. power cord.
- Full 1-year warranty and free replacement policy.
- Work with distilled or tap water.
- Weighs 6.3 pounds.
- 46.4 x 11.8 x 6.8 inches.
- Versatile,can clean and sanitize floors, upholstery,bathroom,kitchen equipments.
- Hand steamer cleans couch,kitchen counters,shower walls,upholstery,etc. well.
- For the floor mop mode, it only releases steam when you tilt the handle,and stop steaming when in upright; as a hand steamer, it has touch sensor to activate steaming,and stops steaming when your hand leave the handle. Simple and safe.
- Comes with several attachments.
- Chemical free.
- Removes pet stains hassle free.
- The mop pad is washable and reusable.
- Heats up quickly.
- It can be a bit awkward when you use the hand unit to steam something because of the smart sensor, it tends to stop steaming if its not level.
- Only includes one mop pad.
- Cord could be longer.
- Instruction manual is vague,could be improved.
This all-around machine does what it was made for, cleans and sanitize couch,kitchen appliances,shower spots,upholstered funiture,hardwood,laminate,tile floors chemical free, good for homes with kids and pets. Some improvement on the steam control would be better.
Can vacuum cleaner clean sofa?
Yes and No.
For some sofa with delicate surfaces, you will not want to clean with a vacuum, since sometimes you may scratch the surface by accident.
For some others,like a microfiber sofa, it is OK to use a vacuum to clean.
What is the best type of vacuum for furniture and upholstery?
A handheld and stick 2 in 1 vacuum cleaner has the ability of cleaning both the surfaces and underneath.
What machine can you use to sanitize a couch?
A handheld steamer should work.