If you have a small home, buying a compact size carpet shampooer will be a better option than getting a bulky one. Since it is lighter, smaller, easier to move around and requires less room to store. And it’s much cheaper.
When compared to little spot cleaners, the compact uprights handle the jobs better on cleaning a whole area rug. Because you do not have to knee down and use your hands to keep pressing the hand tool to scrub the rugs, and the hand tool usually is too small to clean an entire area rug, it takes much more time and effort than an upright.
So, for small areas, a compact rug shampooer is a better choice than a full size or a spot cleaner.
Then what’s the best carpet cleaner for small areas?
In fact, there are not so many good choices on the market. The Hoover PowerDash Pet and Bissell TurboClean PowerBrush Pet are two of the best ones out there, at least, above average. Though they are not perfect and do not clean as deeply as the full size ones, they do their jobs for their size and price.
Hoover PowerDash Pet vs Bissell TurboClean PowerBrush Pet, which is the best to buy?
These two machines has many similarities:
- They are small upright carpet extractors.
- Easy to put together.
- Pretty lightweight, weigh less than 13 pounds. Some big ones weigh approximately 50 pounds, such as the Bissell Big Green 86T3.
- Feature separate clean water tank and collection tank, and have a tank capacity of 0.5 gallons.
- They do not have a separate detergent tank. You pour the detergent into the clean water tank.
- The operation process is almost the same, you fill the clean water tank with warm water to the water line, then add detergent to the formula line. Squeeze the spray trigger for a slow forward and backward wet pass, then release the trigger to make one slow forward and backward dry stroke over the same spots.
- Please note that both of them do not come with any attachments for cleaning upholstery, couches, or other above floor spots.
- Both come with a trial size bottle of formula.
- Have a 20-foot cable.
- Easy to remove nozzle with no tool needed.
- Need tools to remove screws to reach the brushes.
- Carry one year limited warranty.
- Similar price tag. Commonly the TurboClean costs approximately 100 dollars on official sites while the PowerDash costs approximately 110 dollars.
The major difference between Hoover PowerDash and Bissell TurboClean:
The Bissell TurboClean has a retractable handle that collapses for storing in small space.
The Hoover PowerDash handle is not extendable.
- Side Brushes
The Bissell TurboClean has side brushes to help clean along baseboards and around furniture.
The Hoover PowerDash does not have any edge bristles.
- Power Rating
The Bissell TurboClean: 3.4 amps
The Hoover PowerDash: 7. 0 amps
Both require tool to remove screws to clean the brushes and brush compartment. However, the Hoover PowerDash takes more effort to clean up, it has like 5 to 6 screws to remove while the Bissell TurboClean PowerBrush Pet has only one screw to remove, and the Hoover brush compartment is also harder to clean.
They both do the jobs. The cleaning results at the same level, no significant difference.
Overall, these two small upright carpet cleaners are designed for homes with limited space and pets, they are very similar, they have similar size, price, performance results. The main thing that may affect your buying decision is the Hoover PowerDash Pet requires a bit more work to clean up after each use than the Bissell TurboClean PowerBrush Pet.
If you also want to have a look at some bigger ones that clean more deeply and come with accessories to help above floor cleaning, you may interested in reading the best carpet cleaners for pet pee and poo stains and odors.
Bissell TurboClean PowerBrush Pet Carpet Shampooer 2085:
This small budget carpet cleaner is designed for small homes, pet owners, and high traffic areas. It features a 4-row rotating DirtLifter PowerBrush to help remove spots,pet stains,messes and dirt from carpet.
- Corded, has a 20-foot cord, 3.4 amps power rating.
- Dual tank system to separate clean and dirty water.
- 0.5 gallons tank capacity.
- It weighs only 12 pounds, much lighter than big ones.
- Has a collapsible handle that is helpful when storing somewhere short.
- 9.5-inch cleaning path width.
- Edge Sweep Brushes help clean along baseboards and around furniture.
- Detachable nozzle for easy cleanup.
- No hose, no tools included.
- Easy to use.
- Small and lightweight, no hassle to carry around, up and down stairs with empty tanks. Not only a good choice for small areas and pet messes, but also a good pick for some old and “weak” person.
- Does its job.
- Nozzle can be removed without using tools.
- Reasonable price.
- Require frequent emptying and refilling. It is small, so this is something you have to deal with.
- Narrower cleaning path, not as powerful as big ones. Will need more passes and work to get the job done. This is also one con that all small shampooers have.
- You have to use a driver to remove a screw to detach the brush roll to clean it. It is annoying to do this after every use. It will be better to clean up without using any tools.
- It takes some efforts to clean the dirty water tank completely.
- One year limited warranty. Download manual to learn what is covered by the warranty:
Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner FH50700
You can learn more info by reading the: difference between Hoover PowerDash Pet FH50710 and FH50700.
Some more information about these 2 shampooers:
- Do the Bissell TurboClean PowerBrush Pet and Hoover PowerDash Pet vacuum as well as wash the carpet?
No. They are not vacuum cleaner, it is recommended to use a traditional vacuum cleaner to vacuum thoroughly before using them to wash carpet, especially if you have pet hair and human hair to pick up. These carpet shampooers do pick up some pet hair, but that’s not what they are intended for. If you do not vacuum, there will be hair stick to the brush and dirty water tank, this will cost you time and effort to clean after each use.
- Does they have a heater?
- Do they steam?
- Do you need to pre-treat the stains if using them to wash carpets?
Always recommended. You will get better results.
- Read the user manuals before using the little machines, or you may have leaking issues or other problems.