I think many people are confused about them as I was. In fact, these Bissell carpet cleaners are very similar.
Bissell BG10 and 10N2 seem to be the same thing. So, below we will only compare the BG10 and 86T3.
Bissell 86T3 vs BG10
images from manufacturer These 2 carpet cleaners are listed on 2 different websites:
Bissell.com and Bissellcommercial.com.
Obviously, the BG10 that is listed on bissellcommercial.com is a commercial model while the 86T3 is considered a pro home version.
According to our research online, there are only some small difference between Bissell Big Green Commercial and Professional, such as the build quality, cord, attachment, warranty, and price.
According to Bissell Commercial customer service, the Commercial BG10 uses thicker and more durable plastic which is designed to withstand tougher commercial cleaning requirements, and features tougher brushes and belt. So the build quality is slightly better. You can also read the comment by Bob below. .
The cord on BG10 is consist of 2 parts: pigtail cord attached to the machine and a 25-foot extension cord which is detachable while the 86T3 has a cord that is not removable.
Cord color of BG10 is yellow while the one on 86T3 is black.
According to users’ reviews, the 86T3 comes with a 9-foot hose and 6-inch stain tool for cleaning upholstery and stairs while the BG10 does not include these tools commonly, you must buy the attachments separately if you buy the BG10. There is a part called 30G3 that includes the hose and the hand tool.
BG10 carries a 1 year limited warranty for commercial use while the 86T3 is backed by a 5 year limited warranty for home use.
86T3 Price: $399.99 at bissell.com
BG10 Price: at bissellcommercial.com, the BG10 retail price there is $549.95.
(Prices checked on 2019-12-15.)
#ad Check 86T3 Price at Amazon
Check BG10 Price at Amazon
Big Green Commercial BG10 or Professional 86T3, Which one to Buy?Reasons to Buy 86T3:
- Cheaper. For those who have limited budget, the Professional 86T3 is a better option because it is commonly over $100 cheaper than the Commercial BG10.
- Extra Tools. The 86T3 includes a hose and a stain tool designed for removing spots and stains from carpeted stairs,upholstery,and similar surfaces. This should save you about $40 dollars.
- Longer warranty period.
- Bissell commercial has top notch customer service.
- If you need a hotel carpet cleaner, a motel carpet shampooer, hospital carpet extractor, or any other commercial carpet washing machine, go for BG10.
- Both of them have 2 motors, one for suction and one for rotating brush.
- Feature adjustable and foldable handle for easy operation and compact storage.
- 2 row rotating brush for removing embedded dirt.
- Cleans on the forward and backward pass.
- Separate and removable clean and dirty water tank with 1.75 gallon tank capacity
- No heater.
- Flow indicator monitors water and solution, it stops spinning to let you know when you need to add more water and detergent.
- 26 psi pump pressure.
- 12 amps motor.
- Dimensions:42x11x20.5 inch (HxWxD)
If you own Bissell BG10/10N2/86T3, please share your experience below to help other people decide between these carpet cleaners, thank you.
*Are Bissell carpet cleaners good?
The sale says it all.
*Which is a better carpet cleaner, the Bissell or Rug Doctor?
This is about personal preference, some people like Rug Doctor while some like Bissell.
The best option is renting one to try before you buy.
*How much does it cost to rent a carpet cleaner?
For renting a Rug Doctor X3 upright carpet cleaner, it costs about $30 per day;for renting a Bissell Big Green, the cost is also about 30 dollars per 24 hours.