The difference between these Shark Rotator upright vacuum cleaners are as follows:
- DuoClean PowerFins vs DuoClean
The brushroll design is the key difference between them. Both of them feature DuoClean which have two rollers, one soft roller and an additional roller, to tackle fine dust, large piles, and embedded dirt on various types of flooring.
Besides the soft roller, the Shark Rotator Pet Lift Away ADV LA502 uses a new roller design which has silicone powerfins to dig deep into carpet and directly engage floors.
While the Shark Rotator Lift Away Pro ZU782 uses a traditional bristle roller.
Is the silicone PowerFins better than the bristles?
According to Shark, the silicone PowerFins help pick up more in every pass since it provides continuous contact without leaving cleaning gaps like the bristles.
Check Shark LA502 Price at Amazon
- Hose Length
The LA502 has a 6-foot hose while the ZU782 has a 8.4-foot hose.
- Cord Length
The LA502 has a 25-foot cord while the ZU782 has a 30-foot cord.
- Cleaning Path Width
The LA502 has a cleaning path width of 9.5-inch versus 12-inch on the ZU782.
The LA502 is lighter, weighs approximately 12.3 pounds, whereas the ZU782 weighs over 17.5 pounds.
LA502 dimensions: 10 x 12 x 46.5 inches
ZU782 dimensions: 12.1 x 12.2 x 45.7 inches
- Included Tools:
The LA502 comes with a 8-inch crevice tool, pet multi-tool, self-cleaning pet power brush.
While the ZU782 includes a 12-inch crevice tool, upholstery tool, and self cleaning pet power brush.
The 8-inch crevice tool and 12-inch crevice tool can be used to clean those hard to reach areas such as corners, baseboards, between sofa cushions, and even ceilings.
The pet multi-tool can be used as a brush tool to remove stuck-on debris, or as an upholstery tool to remove pet hair and large pile of debris on furniture and upholstery.
The self cleaning pet power brush is air powered, designed for removing pet hair and dirt from upholstery, carpeted stairs, and other above floor surfaces.
The pet power brush is an air driven tool which can be used to remove pet hair, dander and loose debris of upholstery and similar surfaces.
The upholstery tool can be used to pick up pet hair and large piles of debris from curtains, couches, table, etc.
- Way to Detach the Pod
When using the LA502, you step on a pedal on the floor nozzle to lift off the pod. When using the ZU782, you use your finger to press the Lift-Away button to detach the pod from the floor nozzle.
- Suction Control
The LA502 uses a Suction Control Slider located on the handle that allows you to adjust the suction based on your
needs. While the ZU782 uses a Suction Control Collar to offer variable suction.
- Power Specs
The LA502: 120V,60Hz,960W
The ZU782: 120V,60Hz,10A,1200W
Similar features they have:
- Duo Clean: two rollers to clean both hard floors and carpets, pick up large and small particles.
- Self-Cleaning Brushroll aka Zero-M technology actively removes long and short, pet and human hair wrap from the brushroll while you vacuum.
- Lift-Away Technology allow you to detach the pod to clean around your home, counter tops, windows, stairs, and other above-floor spots.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal with HEPA filtration to trap dust, debris, and other tiny particles, and expel clean air.
- LED headlights on the nozzle to help clean dark areas thoroughly and reveal hidden debris around your home.
- Two Surface Settings to choose from base on your needs.
- Advanced Swivel Steering to maneuver around furniture, corners, tight spaces and more .
Some questions and answers:
- Can you turn off the brush rollers while cleaning hard floors?
No. The brush rollers keep spinning in hard floor mode, but with a slower speed than in carpet mode.
- Can you adjust the height of the rollers?
No. You can only choose between the hard floor mode or carpet mode. You can also release suction if it is too hard to move.
- Can you use the powered nozzle with the wand attached to get under furniture?
No. It does not have the powered lift away feature, only supports lift away.
- Can the tools be stored onboard?
There are places to store up to 2 tools.
- Where are they made?
Manufactured in China.