The differences between Shark VacMop VM200 and VacMop Pro VM252 cordless hard floor vacuum mop are:
- The VacMop Pro VM252 has a Magnetic Charger and Magnetic Charging Connector whereas the VacMop VM200 has a Standard Charger and Standard Charging Connector.
One end of the cord of the magnetic charger is a round magnetic connector which just sticks to the charging area of the vacmop to charge it, not like the standard charging connector that needs to plug into the vacmop to change. Seems the magnetic design is safer, say you have little kids or sometimes you accidentally lift it up without disconnect the charging connector.
- The VacMop Pro VM252 has Automatic LED Headlights whereas the VacMop VM200 does not have any headlights. The lights will help you see hidden debris in low light areas.
“When the VACMOP is in use, the motion sensor will automatically activate the headlights. After 10 seconds of inactivity, the headlights will turn off.”
Otherwise, they are the same.
These Shark little machines are vacuum mop combo for sealed hardwood, laminate floors, stone, vinyl, tile, marble, and linoleum.
They can vacuum, spray solution, and mop. They can handle dry messes like crumble and liquid spills. Unlike other mops that just drag dust and debris around the floors, the VacMops have the ability to pick up dust and small debris. There is a small built-in chamber to collect the debris on the VacMop disposable pad. So no need to empty dust cup after every use. You just lift the VacMop over a trash can, press a button to release the disposable pad, and it’s done. They also have no filters to clean. Thus, almost zero maintenance required.
Other Shark MopVac/MopVac Professional Features and Specifications:
- They are light weight, weigh less than 5 pounds.
- They have a reservoir to hold the floor cleaner solution. No tanks for collecting dirty liquid. Wet messes are absorbed by the disposable pad.
- They do not stand by their own. You have to lean them against a wall or something else.
- The is an indicator light at the front to tell you the battery status and charging status. When in use, solid green means normal operation; blinking green means low battery; blinking red means very low battery; rapid blinking red means out of battery. When charging, pulsing green means battery is charging; solid green means charged fully, and the light will turn off after 5 minutes automatically.
- Use rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Dimensions: 5.37″ X 9.5″ X 47.88″ (LxWxH)
- Carry one year limited warranty.
- Comes with (2)Disposable VacMop Pads, (1)12 oz. Floor Cleaner
Some Questions and Answers:
- Do the VacMop/Pro steam floors?
No. They vacuum and mop. Not steamers.
- Can you use them to clean carpets or area rugs?
They are designed for hard floors, not for carpet cleaning.
- How long does it take to fully charge?
Approximately 3.5 hours.
- How long can it run for a full charge?
How long the charge last depends on how you use it.
For common use, it runs approximately 11- 15 minutes. The more you use the spray and vacuum function, the shorter it runs.
- Do the VacMop/Pro have pick up pet hair?
Yes, it has suction to pull in pet hair, and the disposable mop pad is also a magnet for pet hair.
- Can you use the VacMop without the pad attached?
No. You should always use it with
the disposable pad attached.
- When should you replace the disopable pad?
According to Shark, how many times you can use the pad depends on how wet the pad gets and how full the chamber is. When the pad gets fully saturated, the dust chamber is full, or the pad gets dirty to cause the VacMop to lose suction and not pick up debris, it is recommended to replace the pad.
- Can you just empty the chamber on the pad instead of throwing away the whole pad?
No. The dust chamber is not designed for reuse.
- Are there any reusable pads for these VacMops?
At this moment, Shark have not produced any reusable pads for the VacMops.
- Where can I buy Shark VacMop Disposable Pads?
If you cannot find them on big retailer websites, the best place you could get them is Shark official site. You can also get the Hardwood Cleaner Refill and Multi-Surface Cleaner Refill there.
- How much does the disposable pad cost?
On Shark official site, the pad is priced at approximately 0.80 dollars per piece. (Price checked in June 2020.)
- Vey easy to assemble.
- Picks up dog hair and cleans those dirty paws.
- No filters and dust bin to clean up after each use.
- Compact and light weight, no problem to carry up and down stairs.
- Cordless. If you hate the cord, this is a plus.
- Cost. Shark does not offer a reusable pad option. One disposable pad costs about 0.80 dollars and one bottle of 2L cleaner refill costs about 10 dollars at Shark official site. If you clean the floor everyday, you should consider the extra cost.
Overall, this Shark vacuum mop combo does its job, it is good for quick pick up small debris, tackling small spills and for light use. If you have large house, very dirty floor, too much pet hair to take care,etc., this compact machine would not be a good choice.