The difference between Shark IZ162H, IZ162HC and IZ163H are as follows:
- The IZ162H comes with a Standard Wand, a Pet Multi-Tool, and an 8-inch Crevice Tool.
- The IZ162HC comes with a Standard Wand, an Upholstery Tool, and an 8-inch Crevice Tool.
- The IZ163H comes with a MultiFLEX Wand, a Pet Multi-Tool, and an 8-inch Crevice Tool.
Simple info on the attachments:
- The Standard Wand cannot bend whereas the MultiFLEX Wand can flex down to easily get under bed, chair, table and other furniture, or flex over to stand upright by its own for storage. So if you want a stick vacuum that bends, you should get the IZ163H. However, the MultiFLEX Wand can be purchased separately. If you already have the IZ162H or IZ162HC, you can also buy the flexible wand to replace the standard wand with no need to purchase a new vacuum cleaner.
- The 8-inch Crevice Tool can be used to help clean baseboards, crevice and cranny.
- The Upholstery Tool is designed for removing pet hair and large debris from mattresses, upholstered surfaces, and delicate fabrics.
- The Pet Multi-Tool is a 2-in-1 tool which you can attach the brush to clean stuck-on messes, or detach the brush to use it as an upholstery tool for removing stubborn pet hair and large piles of debris.
Except for the included tools, they are almost the same.
All these tools can be purchased separately, and there are also other optional accessories available, such as multiflex under appliance wand and mini motorized pet tool.
The same things these Shark Rocket Pet Pro cordless stick vacuum cleaners have:
- They are powered by 1900mAh 21.6V Li-Ion battery which is replaceable, part number is XSBT620.
- They have battery indicator to show battery power level.
- 2-in-1 design: can be used as a stick vacuum to clean hard floors and carpet, or a hand held vacuum to do above floor cleaning, automobile cleaning, etc.
- Self-cleaning brushroll uses silicone fins instead of bristle brush to clean both carpet and hard floors.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal and HEPA filtration help trap messes inside the vacuum.
- They have swivel cleaner head.
- They have LED headlights on the nozzle.
Some questions and answers:
- How many settings does it have?
There are 2 settings, and a trigger to pull if you want to increase power to the two settings.
- How long will it take to fully change?
Approximately 3 – 3.5 hours.
- How long will the battery run per charge?
Depends on what mode you set.
According to Shark, when using without the nozzle, it can run up to 40 minutes.
When using as a stick vacuum, it can run approximately 25 minutes in bare floor mode and 20 minutes in carpet mode.
When using in Boost mode, it will run approximately 10 minutes.
- If run out of battery, can it be used when it is plugged in charging?
- Does it come with a charging station?
It comes with a plug in charger. You can remove the battery to charge, or charge it without removing the battery.
- Does it have a wall mount?
No. And there is no wall mount available for purchase.
- Do you have to keep holding down a trigger to produce suction?
If you want to use the Boost mode for extra power, you have to pull the trigger.
There is also a switch you can slide to choose other modes you want, if you do not use the Boost mode, you do not have to keep pressing any button.
- Does the nozzle have a motorized roller?
- Can you turn off the rotating brushroll?
No. Even in bare floor setting, the brushroll still keeps spinning, but at a slower speed.
- Can the vacuum stand up by its own?
No. However, the model with flexible wand can fold to stand upright for storage. And the flexible wand can also be purchased separately.
If you want a stick vacuum that stands on its own, you can have a look at the Shark Uplight, however, it is corded.
- How big is the dust bin?
The dust cup capacity is 0.34 dry quarts.
- Battery is detachable to charge, so you can buy a spare one to extend the working time. And when the battery die, you can still use the machine by ordering a replacement battery. This is a plus compared to those cordless vacuums that use a built-in battery which cannot be replaced by users. Because the battery will die sooner or later, I think most people prefer a cordless vacuum with replaceable battery.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal system with HEPA filtration trap dust, dander, and allergens inside the vacuum, make the Shark Rocket Pet Pro a good handheld and stick vacuum option for allergy sufferer. For handheld and stick vacuum with HEPA filter, there are limited options on the market.
- Less tangled hair problem on the self cleaning brushroll than other vacuums.
- Battery indicator light to show remaining charge and charging status.
- Easy to maneuver around.
- Easy to switch out tools.
- Have headlights to help clean low light spots.
- If you do your research on the IZ162H, you probably have found that many users complain that hair get wrapped on the little wheels at the front of the floor nozzle, and also on the narrow brush behind the self cleaning brushroll. Don’t know if the IZ163H have the same problems.
Some users shared their experience on solving the hair tangle issue on the small wheels – replace the velvet covered wheels with rubber wheels.
- There are some user reviews pointed out that hair and other messes might be collected around the central hole of the nozzle without being sucked up into the dust cup.
- No kits to attach the tools on board.