The differences between the Shark Steam Mop S1000, S1000a, S1000wm is where they are sold and the amounts of pads that come with the units. Otherwise, they are the same.
- S1000, sold at several retailers, such as Amazon and Target, comes with 2 Dirt Grip Pads.
- S1000a, sold at Amazon.com, comes with 2 Dirt Grip Pads.
- S1000wm, sold at Walmart.com, comes with 1 Dirt Grip Pad. Since it only includes one pad, its price usually is lower.
The Shark Steam Mops are designed for sealed hard floor steaming. They sanitize floors chemical free, because they use water only, the water tank holds up to 375 ml (12.6 fl. oz.). You push and pull the unit to generate steam while mopping. They are corded units, have a 18-foot power cord.
How to use:
You fill the water tank with distilled water or tap water.
Then plug the unit into an outlet.
It takes about 30 seconds for the mop to heat up and the steam to be ready.
You use a pumping action to release steam, this is done by pushing and pulling the mop. This also allows you to customize the amount of steam you want. If you want more steam for tough grease and grime, just pump the handle in downward motion a few more times to generate additional steam.
If you want to sanitize the floor, you have to wait for 3 minutes to get it ready. If it’s not hot enough, you may have to wait for another couple of minutes.
Questions and answers:
- Does it have an On/Off button?
No. It is powered on once you plug it in.
- Is there a trigger to be pressed to get steam?
No. You push and pull the handle to release steam.
- What kind of detergent does it use?
It does not use any chemical cleaners. It uses only water.
- Can you add detergent or vinegar to the water?
No. It is recommended to use distilled or tap water only, distilled water is better.
If you live in a hard-water area, it is recommended to use distilled water.
Some users point out that using tap water will leave unsightly streaks on certain floors.
The instrustions states “DO NOT add cleaning solutions, vinegar,
scented perfumes, oils, or any other chemicals to the water used in the Steam Mop as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.”
- Can you leave water in the tank while storing?
Shark recommends to empty it before storing. However, there are users do this without any issues. But, it is at your own risk to keep the remaining water in the water tank.
- Can it be used for above floor steaming such as window glass and walls?
No. This mop cannot be used on walls, counters, or windows.
- Is the pad washable and reusable?
Yes, they are machine washable. But do not use bleach, powdered detergent, or fabric softeners as they may damage or leave a coating on the pads that will weaken their performance and absorbency.
- Does Shark offer a disposable pad for this steam mop?
Not available at this moment.
- How often should you replace the pads?
It depends on the condition of your floors and how often you use the mop. Shark recommend to replace the pads every 3 to 4 months under normal use.
- Which are the replacement pads for Shark S1000 series?
The replacement Rectangle Dirt Grip Washable Pad part number is: P1000C5. Compatible with S1000,S1000A,S1000WM,S1000C,S1001C.
You can buy it at Shark official site, here is the link (if the link does not work, search it there yourself):
- (#ad) Check Shark Steam Mop Price at Amazon
- How many settings does it have?
There is no setting available for users to set.
- Can you set the temperature?
No temperature settings.
- Can you use it on hardwood floors?
This mop is designed to clean sealed hard floor surfaces that will withstand high heat. DO NOT use on unsealed wood or unglazed ceramic floors.
There are users use it to clean sealed wood, laminate, vinyl planks, tile, marble, stone, linoleum floors, etc., without issues.
However, you’d better contact your flooring manufacturer to verify compatibility before using it on your flooring.
- Is there a carpet glider for S1000 that enable it to be used on carpet?
- Does it have a swivel head?
Yes, it swivels.
- How heavy is the steam mop?
Weighs less than 5 pounds, about 4.5 pounds.
- What’s the warranty?
It carries one year limited warranty.
- Will the pads for S3501,S3601 fit S1000 series?
- Will the pads for SK460 fit S1000 series?
- How wide is the nozzle?
- Does the steam mop stand upright by itself?
Yes. The mop can be locked in the upright standing position.
- Where is it made?
Made in China.
Shark Steam Mop S1000 Series
|Hard Floor Steaming||Sealed Hard Floors|
|Above Floor Steaming||No|
|Power||1050W, 8.8A, 120V,60Hz|
|Water Tank||375 ml (12.6 fl. oz.)|
|Weight||Under 5 lbs.|
|Cleaning Path Width||11-inch|
|11" x 7.4" x 46.1"|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|