The difference between Shark Vertex AZ2000 and AZ2002 upright vacuum cleaners is the color scheme and what accessories are included.
AZ2000 is in black, grey and blue, comes with 2 attachments: a 12-inch Crevice Tool and an Upholstery Tool.
AZ2002 is in black, grey and rose gold, come with 3 attachments: a Dusting Brush, a Pet Crevice Tool, and a Self-Cleaning Pet Power Brush. At this moment, we can find it at Amazon.com, bestbuy.com, and sharkclean.com.
The Self-Cleaning Pet Power Brush
is an air driven tool that helps to remove pet hair and dirt from carpeted surfaces and upholstered surfaces with no hair wrap feature.
The Shark Vertex Upright Vacuum cleaner is a newly released model, what’s new in this Shark vacuum is that it uses flexible silicone fins to replace traditional bristles, you can see that in the infomercial picture:
According to Shark, the PowerFins helps pick up more dirt, debris, and pet hair for every single pass, clean better and faster than the original DuoClean nozzle. In fact, the PowerFin roller does not just have the silicone fins, it still have soft bristles between the silicone fins.
More information about Shark Vertex Upright Vacuum you may want to know before buying:
- DuoClean PowerFins utilize a brush roll with silicone fins to clean carpet deeply and engage hard floor directly, and a soft roll to help pick up particles from hard floors and gives the floor a polished look.
- Self-Cleaning Brushroll lowers hair wrap problems.
- Powered Lift Away feature makes the vacuum versatile, you can lift away the pod for above floor cleaning or using the motorized nozzle to get under low profile furniture.
- Hypervelocity Accelerated Suction: Shark claim that it generates the most powerful suction of any Shark vacuum.
- Fingertip Controls to turn on/off the vacuum, switch between surface settings with no need to bend down.
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal System with HEPA filter capture 99.99 percent of dust and allergen down to 0.3 microns.
- Active-Glide Technology: maneuver smoothly on both hard floors and carpets while maintaining powerful suction.
- LED Headlights on the nozzle illuminate low light spots for thorough cleaning.
- 3 Surface Options, including Thick Carpet/Area Rug, Carpet/Low Pile, and Hard Floor, to fit different cleaning needs, tackle both hard floors and carpeted surfaces.
- Washable pre-motor and post-motor filter, the pre-motor filters should be replaced every 2.5 years, the post-motor filter should be replaced every 3 years.
- 5 year limited warranty.
- one quart dust cup capacity
- 12-inch cleaning path width
- weighs 16.38 pounds
- Power Specs: 1344 watts,11.8 amps,120V,60hz
- 30-foot power cord
- 5.5-foot hose
- Dimensions: 12″ X 15.09″ X 46.25″ (LxWxH)
Questions and Answers you may want to know:
- Does it have lights on the handle?
No. There are only headlights on the nozzle.
- Is there a suction control?
No separate suction adjuster. The 3 different surface settings provide different suction power levels and brush roller speeds.
- Does it allow you to adjust the pile height?
No separate height adjustment.
- Does it have brush on/off control? Can you turn off the brush roller when vacuum hard floors?
No. If you turn on the vacuum, the brush will only be off when the vacuum is in upright position.
- Does the cleaner head swivel?
- Easy to put together.
- Large dust bin.
- Sucton is good.
- Easy to maneuver.
- The powered lift away feature makes it versatile, it allows you to release the pod from the vacuum, and using the motorized nozzle to clean, this is convenient for getting under low profile furniture such as beds and couches. And this is also good for cleaning stairs, high and low spots, auto interior,etc. when attaching accessories.
- Fingertip control for easy power on and off, and switching between surface settings without bending over, this is convenient if you have mixed surfaces.
- Dust cup is easy to empty.
- Filters are washable, easy to clean up.
- The Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter work well, it ejects clean air. For those who suffer from allergy and asthma, this is a plus.
- Headlights on the nozzle help clean dark spots.
- Pricey. A bit more expensive than expected.
- For its price tag, it would be better to include a mini motorized hand tool.
- On-board storage for 2 tools only. If you buy the version with more tools, you will have to find place to store the extra tools.
- The self cleaning brush design requires less maintenance, however, hair still wraps around the rollers.
You can download manual at sharkclean.com to learn more about this new Shark upright vacuum series. If you want to get the link directly, here it is: