Are you deciding between Shark ZU572 and ZU785/ZU782/ZU780? If yes, the comparison info below should be helpful to you. We will list some differences and similarities to help you make an informed decision.
The key difference between Shark Rotator Pro upright vacuum with Lift-Away, DuoClean,Self-Cleaning Brushroll ZU780 and Shark Rotator upright vacuum with Lift-Away,Self-Cleaning Brushroll ZU572 is:
the ZU780/ZU782/ZU785 features DuoClean whereas the ZU572 does not.
The vacuum with DuoClean design equipped with two rollers inside one nozzle:
a soft roller to help pull in larger particles and clean hard floors;
and a bristle brushroll to clean carpet.
According to Shark, the two brushroll design can help tackle stuck-on dust and debris, small particles like sand and glitter, large particles like cereal and pet food.
You can learn details by visiting:
Since the ZU780 has 2 rollers, you have to clean both of them if needed. The soft roller is removable and washable whereas the bristle brushroll cannot be removed to clean, you have to remove a cover at the top of the nozzle to get access to it.
As for the ZU572, the brushroll is also not removable, its cover is at the bottom, thus it will require a little more effort to get access to.
Weight: ZU572 is about 4 pounds lighter.
The ZU780 series vacuum cleaners are heavier, they weighs 17.7 lbs whereas the ZU572 weighs 13.4 lbs. Thus, if you are not strong and need to lift the vacuum up and down stairs, you may want to buy the lighter one ZU572.
If you need a much lighter one, you can consider the Uplight LZ600 series which weigh only 10.7 pounds.
Bin Capacity: ZU572 have a larger bin.
The ZU780 dust cup holds 1.3 dry quarts to the max fill line whereas the ZU572 holds up to 1.75 dry quarts. With a larger bin, you empty less times.
If you want a vacuum with even lager dust container, have a look at the ZU60 series which have a 2.8 dry quarts bin.
Cord Length: ZU780 has a longer cord.
The ZU780 has a 30-foot power cord whereas the ZU572 has a 25-foot cable. A longer cord means less changing plugs.
Hose Length: ZU780 has a longer hose.
The ZU780 features 8.4-foot hose whereas the ZU572 has a 6.6-foot hose. A longer hose can cover a larger range of area, will be more helpful for above floor cleaning.
Similar features and specifications:
- Self Cleaning Brushroll, or called Zero-M, actively removes pet and human hair, short and long hair wrap from the brushroll while vacuuming. According to Shark, if any hair is wrapped around the roller, extending cleaning time will allow Zero-M technology to remove it for you.
- Suction Control collar to adjust suction level. This is useful for vacuuming delicate fabric and area rugs.
- Surface Selector has 2 options: Hard Floor and Carpet.
When setting to Hard Floor, the brush roller spins slowly,when setting to carpet, the brush roller spins fast.
There is no height adjustment for the roller that allows you to lift or lower the roller when vacuuming different surface types,especially carpets with different pile height.
There is no brush on/off control, that means you cannot turn off the brushroll when vacuum hard surfaces. If you need a Shark vacuum with brushroll On/Off control, you can try the NV750 series which allow you to select the hard floor mode to turn off the rotating brush.
- Control Button Location
These vacuums have the power control and surface selector located near the top of the lift-away pod. If you like vacuums that allow you to turn on/off the machine and change surface setting on the handle without bending down, you can have a look at the NV750 series.
- Lift-Away feature allows you to detach the pod from the vacuum, then carry it around to do above floor cleaning. Please note that they are not Powered Lift Away models,which means you cannot use only the wand with the floor nozzle to get under low profile furniture when the pod is detached.
If you want one with Powered Lift Away to vacuum under furniture like bed, you can consider the AZ1000 series.
- Led Headlights on the floor nozzle illuminate dark spots and reveal hidden debris.
For people who like LED lights on both the nozzle and the handle to help clean crevice and similar low light spaces, you can consider the AZ1000 series.
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal system with HEPA filter capture and trap 99.9 percent of dust & particles (based on ASTM F1977 of particles 0.3 microns and larger) inside the vacuum. This is a good feature for any family have members suffer from asthma and allergy.
- Swivel Steering makes it easier to maneuver the vacuum around furniture and tight spaces.
- No auto cord retractor. Power cord requires manual rewind.
- Carry 5 year limited warranty.
Download manuals to learn details:
ZU572 user guide:
ZU780 user guide: